Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show me your black steelies??? or just what wheels you got?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chev4life, Feb 17, 2004.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Tyring to figure what I want on my rig, the $$$$ savings with steelies is awesome so I need to see what you guys got out there???? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm going with [​IMG] Because my K5 is blue and white, and I think they'll look better then the black ones on my K5.

3. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

That is similar to what i am looking at but in black, white would look really bad on my silver truck. Anyone have black rims on a silver rig???

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think black rims on a silver truck would look pretty good. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Z3PR, you love pimping that pic, don't you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

chev4life, click on the link in my signature and look at pics in the "3/4 ton axle swap" album. I'm running 15x8" steel rims with 2.75" backspacing. I got them from 4wpw ( /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) and they were originally white...gave them a shot of black spray paint, and they still look decent...probably won't after another couple of winters, but then I'll just hit them with another shot of paint. Hey, they faired better through this winter so far than my aluminum A.R. Outlaw II's did...road salt is hell on aluminum wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If you want a REALLY slick look, check out American Racing's new Teflon-coated wheel. I love the color of them, and I'm sure they're really durable (not to mention $$$, although I haven't checked prices yet). And, if you're ever camping, you could use one to fry some eggs and bacon. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Black on a white rig.

[​IMG]

If I can find it, I've got a pic somewhere of a silver blazer with black rims...

Found it

[​IMG]

7. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

4wp give you the wrong offset???
    They dont look too bad at all, those tires need to grow alittle though /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Yeah, I have MT II's on my truck now and they are stained and dull as hell not even going to try and shine them up though its possible. That is one of the reasons why I was looking at the black PC steel wheels and I did look at the teflon wheels, but I dont think they are going to offer them in 8lug pattern I still need to call about those though. That would rock to be able to throw them on the fire and cook away /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    4wp give you the wrong offset???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I asked for 4.25", and 2.75" showed up at my door. I didn't have time to mess around with sending them back, so I mounted them up and am really happy with the way they look - and I didn't have to grind my calipers. If I had to do it again knowing what I know now, I would have just ordered the 2.75" ones.

[ QUOTE ]
    those tires need to grow alittle though

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me started...believe me, I know. I don't know if I want to go any bigger just because my truck is such a dog on the freeway as it is with 33's. And, in that one pic of the rear, I don't know why the tires look so miniscule...they really aren't as bad as that picture makes them look. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Truck still looks sweet though, I agree those tires looked mini in the rear a little better with the full veiw. I feel ya on being a dog on the freeway, 3.42 w/33's on my k5 (only for another few weeks /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif though).
    Sucks about 4wp, at least it worked out in the end, the spacing in the front is perfect, maybe a 1 inch spacer in the rear to even them out....made a big diff on my rig.

White and black rig looks sweet, post that pic of the silver one if you can find it.

10. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Poped up right after I posted my last message...those things are 20's right? Bitchin ride!

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Poped up right after I posted my last message...those things are 20's right? Bitchin ride!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. That's OL14BLAZ's old rig. I've got pics of his saved all over the place. Future plans for the white one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

This is a pic of Stazworks Double Beadlock Rims, I just got mine last week. Mine are 8 lug. [​IMG]

They are 15x10 with 4" bs. I ordered them with no valve stem hole, so yesterday I got the valve stem holes drilled and tapped. (We make valve stems for Nascar at work so I figured if they work for them picky bastards they should work for me) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif cybrfire is burning rock rings for them now. When I get those welded on then they will go to the powder coat shop.
    The outer rim will be silver metalic and the inner rim will be bright red. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

14. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

these are some old school alum rims that I painted flat black...

[​IMG]

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

no pics just american racing white wagons for now.i will get black though ,it matches everything. or paint them the funky green my truck is. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

any special prep ??? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Love the rig TonyP, yellow rocks! Rims look really good on it.
    Esteban86K5...that thing is bitchin! What size rims/tires are those..tough to tell they are soo shiney! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Can you see it now? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned