Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show me your winch mounts!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Aug 4, 2004.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to figure out how to mount my brand spankin new M12000 under the core support. It needs about 10" of vertical space, and even with a 3" body lift, I'll only have about 8". I figure this will require me to space the plate down a little bit. I would like to mount the plate dirrectly to the bottom of the frame rails. The problem with that is, the frame rails are curved. I'm making the winch mount out of 3/8". So, what have y'all done to mount yours?

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here are all my buildup pics. It's not under the radiator because it's too tall, but it doesn't really hurt approach because it's up high enough. I kinda based mine on Bowties mount. I had a shop with a big metal break bend my base plate until it sat on the frame flush. Just did it little by little till it was right.

Here is my post when I did this.
    clciky

Here are Bowties pics too. Also could PM DP_90K5 or search members gallery for him.

Bowtie

DP's pics
    gallery

Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif