Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show n shine trophy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JDBlazer454, Jun 23, 2003.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I went to the Woodland, Wa 4x Show n shine yesterday. There weren't that many trucks but a good variety of everything and not overrun by Jeeps. Only 15 trucks showed up but they had a short time to get things together and very little advertising. They had an rti ramp (I couldn't do that because of no front driveline and no transmission brace on yet) and they had a teeter totter (I had a blast doing that, my time 1 min 45 seconds). Their judging was extremely fair and well done. I got a trophy!!!!! 1st place Best Competition Rig (I tied with the blue blazer next to me with a 454 and some neat mods but he didn't show up to get the trophy so we got it, woohoo /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) It was a great time.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

cool man sounds like fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It's nice to hear politics didn't effect the outcome of the show!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

PICS!!!

6. JDBlazer454

[ QUOTE ]
    PICS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I told my husband to take one good pic of the row of trucks but he was too busy waiting for his name to be called for the set of offroad lights (and we were chasing our 3 kids around). I got no pics of the show itself /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know the president of the club that hosted it and I think they took some pics. I will ask him for a copy. One row of trucks was almost all Chevy's, it was kewl to see them in all shapes, sizes, and wheeled conditions. The one next to me got Most Experienced and oh boy it looked it, dent in every square inch and so much rust you could lose a kid through the holes /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The judging was done by outside people that were members of the Planters Day committee and was done on a points system. Was very neat and very fair.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they had a teeter totter (I had a blast doing that, my time 1 min 45 seconds).

[/ QUOTE ] whats that?

8. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I think thats the thing where you try and balance your rig on the middle of it without tipping it to either side.

9. JDBlazer454

They used an old trailer that had the axle directly in the middle and you had to drive up on it and get it to balance with both ends off the ground for 2 full seconds. Its harder then it sounds because with a full size rig you have more truck towards the front and with a big block it tips really easy. Takes riding the brake and being easy on the gas and easing it forward inch by inch. Having a coach made it a little easier.

10. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

sounds like fun im sure EXTREMELY low gears with a auto helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif bet it was fun with that catty motor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif