Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show Truck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Show Truck

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Paul, why do you insist on torturing me with this crap..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I can't really tell from the pics (and I ain't gonna read that much), but it looks like it has 2.5 ton axles! I'd think it may be pretty durable off pavement if you were willing to scratch the paint...

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yep on the axles, but look at the springs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif [​IMG]

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'd drive it...

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'd drive it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but you brag about driving an Exploder /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You drive an exploder, so even with the lift blocks up front, it's a step up for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Look at the lift blocks in front , there are 2, (like ones not bad enough)and they are trying to seperate..... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Carl , shouldn't you be trying to loosen some baby teeth or something..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Its been in one of the mags before. Back in the early 90's when that kind of stuff was more popular.

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Carl , shouldn't you be trying to loosen some baby teeth or something.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you and your little dancing guy need to... do... something......... and leave my baby teeth out of it /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Eat rump salad exploder boy..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

rump salad

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well i guess the lifting blocks put it back in the show truck catigory. I read through all the stuff and it sounds like a good off roader if you just pulled the blocks, 2.5ton axles, 454, th400, 203. Sounds like a winner to me, but its just too perty.
    Oh and lay off the exploder boy, he is just one of the not quite so fortunate, and besides blame it on CAP! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Its been in one of the mags before. Back in the early 90's when that kind of stuff was more popular.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You are correct. It was in more than one magazine as I have a few of them. That truck was popular and won many shows back in the early and mid 90's.
    Two brothers teamed up on that build-up of the truck. They are twins named Bart and Bret Blankemeyer. The truck looks exactly as they first came out with it.
    I saw this truck in some ads somewhere like Deals On Wheels and am surprised to see somebody else owning it now. Evidently they sold it for whatever price they had it listed for in the Deals On Wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I't's a sickness with you isn't it Wes......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I guess you could say that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I knew about that truck and possibly many others since I have every issue of 4 Wheel &amp; Off Road, Off-Road, and Four Wheeler since May of '85. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Those blocks are in the rear (rear steering). The 'stacked block' look comes from that traction lift. It has springs and a traction lift in the front but no blocks. It still sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

It really is ugly but it is nice to see a show truck on 44's without the 10 bolts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

It still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just like liberals and the Huskers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif