Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Show trucks.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddin4fun, Sep 16, 2001.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I went to a car show yesterday. They had some nice cars and a few nice blazers. One of which was one that was in a mag some time ago. I don't remember the name, but it was purple, turquoise and peach I believe. It's a late '60's blazer, lowered, 2wheel drive....anyway. The point of this [​IMG]
    There was a guy there that had a late '90's 4x4 extended cab. It wasn't the new recent body style chevy...the older one. Nice pretty show paint. I got to looking at it. He had one tire on a tree stump (a fake one) that was maybe 2 feet tall and was flexing the rear axle. I looked and he had traction bars....the kind you put on cars that hang down real low. He had unhooked them so his truck could flex more. Prolly 6 or 8 inches of lift and I'd guess 35's or a little bigger. It was pretty much flexed to it's max. I laughed. Cause in the parking lot is my blazer, crossed up in a ditch we found and was flexing both axles farther than this guy and the blazer still had some room. [​IMG]
    I love my blazer [​IMG]

If you see my truck on a trailer, call 911 cause it's <font color=red>STOLEN!!!</font color=red>
    Website link is in my profile [​IMG]

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Those sound like traction lifts. They are a traction bar of sorts and the give a few inches of lift. They were kinda big in the early 90s, but didnt really catch on. They seemed to work in theory but Im not sure if they really did or not.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

They work pretty good, but do limit flex. I put them on my old F250 to eliminate the OEM blocks, and the axle wrap that came with them. I'd like to find a set now to put on the Blazer[​IMG]

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. Pure Insanity

Have a set made they are not hard. All it is 2x2x/14 box, w/ a guide pin and a hole. Then use some 1/8 strap to make the uprights and bolts w/ bushings.

Yes I have put a lot of thot into fabbing some up.

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Damn!! Now I'm just gonna have to do that!![​IMG]

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. Pure Insanity

Well Rene has some time on his hands, CK5 could prob keep him busy in orders. Just a thot. [​IMG] hint[​IMG]hint