Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shut Up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

No, really, shut up

A mass, an amalgam if you will, of the modern conscience is coalescing into a brutally mundane and easily accepted norm.

This is the same spirit that inhabits everyone you see, everyone that annoys you, everyone that seems so vapid and trite. The sad fact though is, that everyone, you, me, him, her, your father, your mother, your sister, your brother, the sad, the lonely, the happy, the content, everyone, has at least a part of this in them, or is a functioning part of it.

It’s the same functional disability that comes around in an instant. It is driven by habit, and is only noticed in hindsight. Some people realize that this is part of them and work against it. Some people no longer care, and revel in their horrendously mediocre mind. Some people are in the middle. Some people are off to the side. You just have to figure out where you’re going to stand, when you want to set your place in the plane of existence.

What is this thing?

In a natural human way, I may try to classify, describe, and pin it down. I have enough humility to know that I will never know and in that single realization, I rationalize, to a point, that in then end, I don’t care about that exact nature of it, just its ways and its effects.

Now, that may seem contradictory, caring, not caring, about this thing I allude to, in contrast to other things I care or care not for, or about. That’s how it works. It’s an individual judgment call. Levels, balance, give, take, conceding, stonewalling, they all come into play.

What is it then?

It’s human failing.

It’s misplaced pride. It’s cheap thrills and easy ways out. It’s good and it’s bad. It’s great, and it’s horrible. It changes with time and place, it warps with situation. It can come quickly and it can come slowly, it can be beaten back, or it can be let free, and the gallows humor of it all, is that each descriptor is both good and bad.

At the end of it all is that great and wonderful thing called rationalization, that when taken in small doses, makes a man evenhanded and calm, and when gorged upon, either makes a victim, or a being devoid of common morality. Again, there are no absolutes and there are many levels, but rationalization is a piece of it.

So what am I driving at?

People call it evil, but then, those people don’t notice it, and the only evil they know is the evil they secretly enjoy, to some extent, in some form. They may pile category upon category to make it easier to classify in a search for that final rationalization that, with the help of their handy new chart, will let them sleep at night. People will rationalize anything to make their decisions easier. Some people even abandon that, and start not to care. Some people, worst of all, revel in their failing.

Balance.

Nothing is static, and everything is arbitrary. Yeah, I’m an existentialist, so what?

So, with that big meandering lead in, I present to you, this.

Close your mouth. Open your mind. Revert back to a centered state.

Are you mad? Why? In comparing it to the great injustices of modern society, does your petty grievance peak the high water mark? Have you been shot? Have you been beaten? Has your cultural subtype experienced genocide in your time? No? Then why are you so upset about your problems? Is it a great injustice? Yes? Can you resolve it? Yes? Then do so and move on. If you can’t solve it, try and facilitate its resolution. If you can’t do anything, have a little hope, and move on. Festering and whining and bitching do you no good. Your smart remarks and passive aggressive sarcasm aren’t doing any good. A little may help you calm down, but you’re just abusing it in some masturbatory defiance of a great unseen force that is keeping you personally down. Calm down. I’ve been there to. It’s tempting, but let’s just walk away, if we have to.

Are you offended? Yes, I bet you are. Someone out there has offended you. Odds are though, that you aren’t offended, you’re just no confident enough to disregard criticism, factual and constructive, or idiotic and false. You may have a true right to be offended. You know what? There’s nothing you can do. Modern society has created a blasphemous system to register your pain. It was bad enough when it used to be a fistfight, or a quick retort, and it’s sad that that’s the best thing you can do barring leaving it be. Now though, the world has created authority solely to be in charge of their lives. Go whine to him, you may get some money out of it, you may get gratification. You’re still going to be offended though. That, or you’ll get over it, which you could have done in the first place.

Do you seek out a group? That may be great! Did you stop thinking rationally when you joined that group, throwing off the tethers of an intelligent person for the ease of the group’s position? That’s not great at all. No one should be telling you what to do or how things work without your conscious choice to listen. Even then, you should really think about how much of this you want to take to heart.

Do you stop and think before you act? I know society is driven at a very fast pace these days, because you need to get more done for some reason, but you need to realize that the quality of it all is more important than the quantity. A content man justified in action, living a short life, or a bland cog, vapid and uninspired, meandering on into the triple digits.

Why do you choose to be backhanded? Why do you choose to be lazy? Why do you lie? Why do you cheat? Why do you steal? Why do you not take responsibility? Why are you rude?

Why? The same reason everyone does these things. The same reason I do them. It’s easier than thinking and making a moral choice.

Now, you can over think a thing, as I have just done, but it’s all balance, and everyone needs to find it.

I’m finding mine. Some people aren’t even looking.

So, boiled down, here it is.

Stop and think. Think of being polite. Think of the other person. Think about helping. Think about spending the extra time to do it the right way. Think about resolving the issue. Think about saying what you should say. Think about what you should keep to your self. Think.

I think. You should too.

You know what I think?

I’m tired, this doesn’t make sense, and this is the perfect artistic example of how a feeling, a mood, or an emotion cannot be expressed in any static and real form, in the way it was experienced by the original entity that experienced it.

Some things are too complex to put down of paper, or even be communicated at all.

Some things are just too beautiful.

Let’s concentrate on those things.

See You, Space Cowboy

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Feel better?

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I wasn't feeling anything but a need to try and express my opinion. I may have failed. Who knows?

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

As far as I can gather, you expressed yourself rather well.

5. cbbr

Can you really fail when expressing an opinion? You succeed, but others may fail to understand.

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhh

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

8. cbbr

Is that a friendly way of saying dumbass in Chinese?:D

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

for a few years now i have been on this site there is one person i just cant figure out to this day. and 98% of the time i dont even look in his threads as thay look like somthing from a bad brain fart gone wrong to me.

but i will say this every one has a way to express them selves. and more power to them.

but i dont think i will ever understand the stuff r.j. is talking about in my life time. not trying to diss you r.j. but you are by dout the most off the wall guy i know on here. :confused:

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

RJ's got his own personal way of saying things, but I totally get what he's sayin.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Exactly. RJ's vocabulary and punctuation is something I don't even try to challenge against him. He's just amazing sometimes. :bow:

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

RJ, feel free to save these pics and use them at will......

yoda.jpg

arnold.jpg

classic.png

officespace.jpg

13. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

That's the best indirect piece of counseling I've seen in a while. But can it penetrate ironwood?

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I used to feel the same way about RJ until I finally realized that he expresses himself differently than I do just as everyone else on this site does. I now just look at RJ as a gun toting artistic Brother....... That also cooks!

15. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Damn Rj that was incredible! extremly well writtien and i understand what you are saying. You my friend have a gift:bow:

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Translation:

blah blah blah...I use big words...blah blah blah...quit being a little bitch....blah blah blah.... be nice to people.... blah blah blah... I spend lots of time thinking about things I readily admit don't matter or will ever fully grasp... blah blah... the end.

j

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I hope you're just joking around, Jek. If you're not, let me the first to tell you that you really came across as jerkoff with that reply. :confused:

FWIW, I think RJ did a great job of expressing himself. He also put into words what quite a few have been thinking lately.

18. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

19. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

X2 :mad: !

20. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

It is a common human trait, to trivialize that which we do not understand.

Half of RJs posts, I get something out of. The other half, I end up saying"WTF"?????? But, I still read them, to get a glimpse of another persons inner workings.