Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Shuttle Rumors/Conclusions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I am starting a new post so that we do not have to weed through the old one and I also think stuff like this should be separate from the memory of those good people who lost their lives. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

There is a weird guy on the radio who is a reporter (or at least he claims to be) who has connections with the government. Hmm yeah ok... Anyway he claims that the government shot down the shuttle because it was coming in at a wrong angle and was going to over shoot the place they were supposed to land and hit disneyworld.. Ok but they were so high up how did they know?(thats my question). Well because it is going so dang fast Mach 18 I THINK he said , there was no time to make changes.

Has anyone else heard this? What other weird conclusions have you heard about the shuttle itself?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Anyway he claims that the government shot down the shuttle because it was coming in at a wrong angle and was going to over shoot the place they were supposed to land and hit disneyworld..

[/ QUOTE ] Oh boy now they start.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

I would like to see the projectile or missile that 'the Government' has which can catch or intercept a shuttle traveling at Mach 18.

This is just some guy who "is in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history" (Good Morning Vietnam). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ben

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The weirdest thing I've heard so far is that apparently someone out here in Cali took a pic of the shuttle coming in and there appears some sort of blueish/purple lightning bolt or something striking the shuttle.

5. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I think this guy is just talking $hit through his @$$ if that is possible. They have already mentioned( not long after this happened)( and it was believed to be a possible "terrorist" attack) that our own country (much less some one in another country) does not have the equipment,knowledge or technoligy to shoot down something moving at the speed the Shuttle was traveling. Some idget(polite way of calling some one an idiot) is just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame and is doing a poor job of achieving that goal.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Oh boy now they start....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I figured I would put out a spot to stick them all lol.

Bubba now that is the weirdest/funniest one yet /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Some idget(polite way of calling some one an idiot) is just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame and is doing a poor job of achieving that goal.

[/ QUOTE ] Donna I couldnt agree more. I do not understand how the guy got radio time with weird stuff like that.

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah that person is full of sh!t

so the shuttle comes in at mach 18, as of right now being shot down by our government or anyone else is 99.99999% impossible...and thats just speed, not even mentioning the altitude they were at...

when the shuttle makes it through the upper atmosphere and is in the last few minutes of flight, its a glider, they actually makes Many cirlces around the landstrip area to slow down... over shooting and hitting disneyworld is the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life....

i used to work with space flight hardware and worked in one of the top research facilities in this field....and ya know what, that doesnt make me an expert...i really hate it when reporters immediately become "experts" when something like this happens and come up with their own conclusions...

i honestly can not believe someone would be allowed on the air saying they know someone in the government who knows we shot it down on purpose...but its a free country, let the idiots talk and laugh at them when they say stupid @ss things like that

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I think it's a video... local news said they were trying obtain it... if so, it'll be interesting to see...

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I understood they were 220,000 ft high.Would be hard to reach that high with anything.I'd rather believe the insulation that hit the wing on takeoff was the cause.Have heard there was drastic rise in left wing temp just before signal was lost. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just heard on the radio this morning that they have some high res pic's of the shuttle about 1 minute before it began to break up and the picture shows heavy damage to the underside of the left wing...

Rene

11. ChevyCaGal

I myself think that the insulation did a lot of damage and they discounted it and didn't look into enough and it cost them the lives of the 7 astronauts. Also, as impossible as it sounds someone or something could ever shoot it down... never underestimate the toys the US government has. Not saying they shot it down, but they have stuff I'm sure would blow our minds hidden away. I always joke about that movie Independence Day and that secret underground area they had where they had the alien, but hey, it's probably not too far off. I'm sure there is stuff going on 24/7 in creating weapons that could easily turn us all into chalk dust if used wrong... I would never put anything past anyone in this day and age with things advancing so quickly everyday.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was very surprised to learn that EVA was not possible - why would they not be prepared to inspect the outside of the ship in cases like this?

And why would they not send up another shuttle for repairs/inspection/evacuation?

If that was truly the only shuttle available than the program is in deep weeds.

13. ChevyCaGal

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Also, as impossible as it sounds someone or something could ever shoot it down... never underestimate the toys the US government has

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight. I mean we see things on the discovery channel about these badass machine guns or rail guns.... if WE, the peons (if you will), know about this, think of how much more the government really has,they ARENT letting us know about.
    And im not saying they did it, but Im sure they could.
    Wouldnt you think that NASA would have the precautions to prevent accidents like this?

"There are two keys to success. One is to never tell anyone everything you know."

15. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

After reading the aricle from Avaition Week that you posted, I'm wondering if Houston knew they were gonna loose the shuttle and just pushed a button to blow it up over Texas... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. ChevyCaGal

It started to come apart over CA though... they have home videos of people watching it and a huge chunk comes off of it.... I believe there is also a video of someone living outside of Reno seeing the same thing...

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Also, as impossible as it sounds someone or something could ever shoot it down... never underestimate the toys the US government has

[/ QUOTE ]
    Agree 100%

Cripes, don't forget, we're talking about a vehicle they put in space! If they can do that, why should we think they couldn't build a weapon, an expendable device, that surpasses it?

I just think it's foolish to think it's not possible to develope that weapon, possibly foolish to think it was used, though.

18. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

exactly!!!!!took the words right out of my mouth.

19. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Well,

Going back to my physics notes and book, it seems to me that people watching the break up, shouldnt have had the parts fall onto them.

Flying mach 18 200,000 feet above the earth. well that is a F-- load of inertia and I havent gotten all the math down yet, as the atmosphere upthere has different properties as the peices fall down with atmosperic pressure and air resistance. My rough estamates for parts to land in eastern texas, the shuttle would have lost it over california, so how could the texans seen it? i dunno, but if you think of the path a bullet follows, that is more or less how the suttle parts should have came down. Dose this make sence? after work i will draw a picture to post.

20. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I just think it's foolish to think it's not possible to develope that weapon

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! My guess is, they already have hte "star wars" program up and running, but are covering it up.
    Who would build planes but no Anti Aircraft defense? or build tanks and no bazookas? Just a thought.