Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sick day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Djroffroad, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

How many people go to work when you know you should stay home?

I spent a portion of the night and morning getting sick (suspect food poinsoning), and went to work anyway.

Now as I sit here trying to hold down the only thing I have eaten all day, I'm thinking about how tomorrows work CANNOT be missed.

It's not that I'm that dedicated, just that I am the only one that knows how to run the equipment, so I have to pick the days I can be sick. It's not today or tomorrow though unfortunatly.

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I can relate! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Get well !! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I always go to work sick. Then I use my sick days as little one day vacations that I can enjoy. heheh

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I called in in yesterday and today....allergies. I have my inhaler right next to me. If I am sick I call in. I am nothing but a number to my employer, they can "F-O"

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I usually work while sick. I rarely call in, and if I do I end up working from home anyway. Something about high speed internet...

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

The last time I took a sick day was when I had my back surgery. Took a golf ball sleeve size chunk out of my back and I tried to go in two days after the surgery. They sent me home for the week when they saw how much pain I was in. I hate missing days of work.

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

We dont have sick days, Just more vacation days. So if your sick, you burn a vacation day. If I can, I tough it out to work.

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

It depends on what I'm sick with. If it's allergies or something that is not contagious, I go to work. If I suspect it is contagious, I stay home. I think it's unfair to spred sick germs to all your co-workers