Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sick of it........Steering screech!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Mar 16, 2003.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Ok, money is not an issue. What do I buy to set up a premium steering setup? What pump would you buy(or have)
    ? What else? I have an old pump that leaks. I am not sure about the steering box, but I am finding from experience that if you want it fixed, buy a new one! ANY suggestions are welcome so I can get moving on this. I will be putting in a d60 and am upgrading from 35's to 38's.....MISSION: STOP SCREECHING.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my pump screeches to when im going slow...is it becuase its leaking? i dont think mine does..

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

It screeches cause the belt is slipping, I have A/C and it never screeched until I was moving to Idaho and took the A/C belt off (not charged) now with just one belt it screechs. I grandfather used to say you can rub bar soap on it and will stop the screeching but don't know about it. First you can make sure belt is as tight and is not glazed. If you look at it and it is shiny then it might be time to replace it.

4. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok thanx...would that also be why it screeeches a tiny bit when i first start it..cause i think thats from a loose belt or something..