Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sickness

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nc87k5, Sep 26, 2003.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I just wanted it to known that since the past few days that I have read over some of the posts and such, that I have a deep down desire to start doing modifications on my K5. If my wife knew of all the hopes and dreams that I have for it, she would leave me now or make me sell it. Thanks for all of the ideas that you guys have put in my head, just waiting to get the ball a rollin'!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Your now a addict. It's like crack, one upgrade leads to another. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I just wanted it to known that since the past few days that I have read over some of the posts and such, that I have a deep down desire to start doing modifications on my K5. If my wife knew of all the hopes and dreams that I have for it, she would leave me now or make me sell it. Thanks for all of the ideas that you guys have put in my head, just waiting to get the ball a rollin'!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are far too new here to already be acknowledging that you have a "problem".......

Try some denial for a couple of years (while secretly buying parts and spending 20 hours a day on CK5)..... that's what I did! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yes, i wouldnt yet call it a sickness...not until your wife complains you spend more time on your truck or looking at parts than you do with her...until then its just a healthy(ok, maybe not) obsession.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If my wife knew of all the hopes and dreams that I have for it, she would leave me now or make me sell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats one of the reasons i dont have a wife anymore...
    WHOO HOO!!!
    more money for the blazer!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Grant

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hi my name is bobby and I am addicted to my K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Hi may name is Danny I am addicted to my K5 also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I cant complain my wife knows what I want to do to and with my K5. But she controls the money so the bills get paid first. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Coz if it was me I would blow my whole pay check in less than an hour on mods. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Plus her and my 1 year old boy go wheeling with me everytime i hit the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Welcome to CK5, nice to see another member from NC. There is a trip planed for the 10-13 of Oct to Uwharrier. Here is the click maybe you can make it out. Its a family thing also, there will be a few famlies there. Also if your stock come on out, I am stock and made it all the way through Daniel trail and only got pulled once. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5! Its great to see somebody so close to me. (Im in Greensboro) If you need and help with your truck, or need any info just ask. Im going to be putting on a lift and new axles next month, and I have already put in a new engine, so if you ever need help with any mods on your truck, just ask and im sure I could drive down and help you with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Oh, and you will meet a lot of great people on here. My brother and I, and Danny (sf87k5) and (orangecrush) and a few other people went wheeling at uwharrie not too long ago. Everyone was really nice and we had a great time. Just ask danny aka superstock how capable a stock blazer is. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You might be surprised.
    -Harrison

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

On my third Blazer in a year. No matter what the problem is, I can't get away from my Blazer fix. Lots of mods planned, but the wifey is not happy about the costs. Luckinly for me, she don't work, so it's my freaking money. Welcome aboard.

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's like crack, one upgrade leads to another

[/ QUOTE ]

yea..i second that! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. rjfguitar

yep , just when your finished, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif you want something else or something bigger and cooler.

12. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

well, im only 18 so I dont have to worry about the wife problem, lol. no, its just school, neighbors, money, and taking time to eat and sleep that keep me from my Blazer. But those things are overrated anyways, so ill stick with the K5, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Its nice meeting you. Im new here as well, just joined about 2 weeks ago, and I think this web site is awesome. My friends are getting sick of hearing me talk about the latest "insane and cool truck" i was looking at at CK5. I like it a lot, and I hope to have a few pics of my blazer as soon as Im done with all those other things, lol
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    My friends are getting sick of hearing me talk about the latest "insane and cool truck" i was looking at at CK5.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Which trucks have you been looking at? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

14. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

This is were i guess i sound dumb; when I look in the photo gallerys at the trucks that are lifted with the huge tires and lift kits, I see what will take me a long time to get to, just because Im broke. The blazer has always been my favorite truck, so when about 75% of the pictures show them lifted and being put to the test offroad, I think thats really cool. Sorry to sound like a retard, lol /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    -pete