Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

side kicks... finally....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Jun 30, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Well about a 2 weeks ago we ordered all new appliences for the house. New washer and drier (Kenmore ELITE's) showed up last Wed, then on Saturday the new dishwasher, stove and rangetop microwave showed up (also Kenmore's), then TODAY, FInally after 2 bad refrigerators and freezers (dents and broken rollers... they had been dropped)... the new SideKicks from Whirlpool showed up today! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These things are huge! they are like the commercial units. We use to have a side-by-side in the kitchen and a standup freezer in the Pantry and it was a pain... SO, we moved around and tookout some cabinets (still waiting for the new upper cabinets to come) and WHALLA side by side Freezer Refigerator, two seperate units, frost less freezer, no more digging through the pantry to get in the freezer. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Sorry, I'm a little /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I think they are cool. When and if I ever have a house built I'm going to get subzeros installed /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I like Whirlpool . Out of all the brands I sell parts for, I sell the functionals for Whirlpool the LEAST. And since you have no ice and water in the door , you really only have cosmetics to wear out . Good choice. Your Kenmores were made by Whirlpool for Sears also ( stove may be GE ). Good choice there as well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

DAMN! How many people live in that house!? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Damn that's nice! I say screw the Sub-zeros, we're building a house in a few months and we're doing the two unit thing like you did but the cabinet guy is making custom panels and handles for the fridge and freeze so they just blend right in with the cabinets.

Besides, we have all stainless now and it is a PITA, non-magnetic (no kids pics), stain loving, fingerprint havin' crap.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Sub Zero's can cost as much as a truck , I love selling those parts

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy crap... someone is RICH!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

j

7. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    DAMN! How many people live in that house!? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Just three...

Everyone like different things... usually 4 different cokes/diet drinks in bottles, cans and 2liters, usually 2 gallons of milk (my 1% and the parents 2%), water and tea in 1gallon pitchers, then I eat Whole Wheat bread and the folks like white, usually have shaved ham, turkey and cheese for sandwiches, leftovers, couple bags of lettuce... usually multipuls of stuff, dad buys things on sell so its usually in bulk /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The freezer we just wanted moved out of the pantry for easier access. yeah its big, we usually have the other (smaller) standup freezer packed to the gills, so hoepfully not in this one, make things easier to get too.

because its a different refridgerator we are having a hard time getting everything back in the bigger one! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    And since you have no ice and water in the door , you really only have cosmetics to wear out .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we bought the internal ice marker, no one ever used the ice though the door in the old fridge.
    We usually buy everything big at sears so its always kenmore stuff.

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

That must be the ZZ502 big block unit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

man, i use my water/ice in the door every single day... better than letting all the cool air out by opening the door. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sub Zero's can cost as much as a truck , I love selling those parts

[/ QUOTE ]

Sub Zero's are awesome! Not to brag, but we have a Sub-Zero fridge and freezer and it's the coolest thing in the world, I can't imagine life without it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif