Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Side Marker Replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k10sub, Jun 1, 2005.

1. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

I recently trimmed the fenders on my pickup to the point where the side markers went away. I started searching Wal Mart and the auto parts stores for replacements but struck out because I could not find anything that would be a side marker and blink when using turn signals or flashers. I drive on the highways some and did not want any issues with the law even though Oklahoma currently has no vehicle inspection laws.

I went to a Truck Pro (don't know if this is a national chain; we have one store in Tulsa) to look at big rig stuff and found this Clicky . It is still only a clearance light if used as is but the nice thing is it accepts the twist-in GM sockets on our rigs. So as long as you have enough wire to reach, just drill a 1.25" hole and attach with the hardware of your choice (I left off the bezels) and plug them in. I don't have any pics but I had plenty of room above the original location.