Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Side Window Removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Stomper, Jun 4, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Situation- I have an extra set of doors I am going to hack to pieces and make some half doors out of. Now the glass in these doors are better than mine, so I want to replace glass from door to door.

Problem- My dumba$$ can't figure how to get the glass out. They have power windows so are unable to roll down.

Any advice appreciated or I am going to take a BFH and get the glass out that way.

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

You can unbolt the window regulator from the door with 2 bolts and 2 nuts (on the lower front portion of the door right next to each other). You may be able to manuever the regulator around enough to get the rollers out of the tracks they're in, just remember that the upper track is slotted in the middle to get one of the rollers out. If that doesn't work then you may have to attach a couple of leads to the motor and use a battery to lower the window. Just be careful not to short the leads out since they are very close on the motor.
    Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

My car got smashed into on the passenger side, and when it was replaced the guy did it in like 5 minutes. LOL i didnt see him do it but it must not be as complicated as you think. And yes i have power everything aswell.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Problem- My dumba$$ can't figure how to get the glass out.

[/ QUOTE ]

A hammer works well. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you shouldve called me, after replacing my driver door twice im a expert, let me know when you want to do it /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif