Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sidepipe/side exit exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wilsowe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. wilsowe

wilsowe Registered Member

Anybody running either a sidepipe (not likely but i thought it would be cool) or a side exit (both sides in front of rear tire) exhaust on their blazer. I'm thinking about long tube headers with true dual, h-pipe, dual flowmaster 40 or their knock off equivalent ($$$$$) and exit out the sides. What do ya'll think?

2. lectric80

lectric80 3/4 ton status

My 80 has side exit dual exhaust set up on it now. Only because that is the way that the PO did it. I am planning on ripping it out and going over the rear the way it should be. With it so close the windows, at slower speeds you definately get exhaust through the windows. It may generate a bit more power than running over the rear, but it isn't a very good solution IMO. I am not running headers though so that might make some difference, but I love the sound, I am just concerned with the kids getting burned when they exit, and the fact that you lose some clearance when you come out under the frame. And you can never run any nerf bars or rock rails on the side. I plan on nerf bars so that factors into the equation.

3. wilsowe

wilsowe Registered Member

Do you have any pictures by chance? I'm not worried about power that much, all I care about is sound. My PO has true dual, no cats, some kind of mufflers (imco brand) that turn out to the sides behind the tires and I hate it, probably because I didnt choose it that way but I at least want to put something closer to a real flowmaster in place of those imco mufflers because I can't even hear this thing idle and it just sounds really garbled to me, not clean at all...and not very loud.