Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sierra club?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Feb 10, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

what is the sierra club? I heard they're eco nazi's
    last night my dad gave me a sticker that has some outlined picture of a hicker on a mountain ridge that says sierra club,I almost put it on my truck because I thought it had to do with hikeing,but I heard they funk over us four wheelers someone fill me in on what the heck they do.
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Well, they try to save the environment from us bad 4-wheelers (since we destroy everything). They are trying to close Pismo cause of the Snowy Plover and Glamis cause of the Person's Milk Vetch to name a few. Obviously these places are far from the Sierras. They need to do some more research, cause ever since blocking of sections of dunes from us, the "endangered species" have been dying off more than before. They are just tree hugging hippies that try to spoil our fun. The BLM (Bureau of Land Management) is another one of these organizations. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go to Sierra Club webpage and read up on what their program is. Furthermore, do a search through your prefered search engine and read up also.

I would feel better if one were able to formulate their own opinions on a subject through their own exhaustive research. By the way, we all know the Sierra Club sucks farm animals!

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

in the old days the SC used to be more about preserving parts of the outdoors so it could be enjoyed by all etc.... in recent years they have pretty much swung to the left and if they had their way, motor vehicles of any type (4x4s, atvs, snowmobiles etc) would be on-highway-only. I remember an editorial in one of the big fourwheelin' mags where the guy was talking about how back in the day, he was part of a sub-group in the sierra club that toured off-road areas in their 4x4s... in a eco-friendly way of course. Well, it was only a matter of time before the wacko element of the SC started to take over... and that was the official end of the guys sub-group. They pretty much drove him out of the group cause he actually went offroad. Purdy lame.

These are the same kinda people that fly a JET to kyoto and then b*tch about emissions of various gases into the upper-atmosphere. IMO, conservation is a good thing and I fully support the environmental groups who raise funds and buy private land and conserve it. Thats good stuff. What i dont need is some yahoo in the SC telling me that me driving my 4x4 on a 10' wide designated 4x4 trail is somehow destroying the entirety of a 1000000 acre forest.

j

5. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

They are the enemy! Check out www.sema.org these are the guys you want to join. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

You know it cracks me up how many people dont know anything about the sierra club. I have people ask me all the time who/what are they? My vehicles voice my opinion in bumper sticker form....... SIERRA CLUB SUCKS, SIERRA CLUB GO HIKE TO HELL!, FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS JOIN THE SIERRA CLUB and SIERRA CLUB KISS MY AXLE! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I love it when I get a look and some fool shakes his head, if they only knew, and dont look like they could walk a mile let alone hike anywhere with any weight on their backs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It doesn't really surprise me none. In some parts of this country, such as where I come from, the Sierra Club came in and got the locals on their side for something they were fighting against, so in part that would give them a good rep. But of course those people don't know what evil misdeeds that the Sierra Club is actually up to.

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

There was a time and place when the Sierra Club was an awesome group who did great things... but then idiots got involved and it went in the toilet. It's now more about saving a tree, and trashing the forest to do it. Protecting an spotted owl but killing other animals to do so....

There's a verse in the bible that says "Do not try to remove the sliver from your neighbors eye when you have a plank in your own..." This sums them up perfectly... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif