Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sigh......More computer $hit to figure out..HEEEEEEELP lol

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zeus33rd, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I haven't been able to get the Ebay parts locator thing to work for me since it was started. I'm now on a mission to figure it out.

I even downloaded a new browser called Mozilla Firebird to see if it was I.E. causeing the problem. Didn't frickin work. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Of course. On a side note, Firebird is pretty frickin bad ass. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Internet Exporwhat?

Anyways, if I click one of the links in the parts locator list using the Firebird browser, I get this "Alert" message. "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.qksrv.net". Using I.E. I get the "This page connot be displayed" message. Any way to fix this? I'd really like to beable to use the parts locator thing, but haven't been able to make it work. I've tried all the things that were listed in the Bloody Knuckle awhile back, changing/checking Java and security settings and nothing has worked. I figured using the new (to me) Firebird browser might solve it...but nothin. Any ideas? XP pro OS. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Also PM'd this to Steve- He didn't have a clue either.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

If you get that "cannot be displayed" message, does it continue to try and find the page using a different address at the top? Hard top explain, but it's like you're opening the page over and over again.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You're not alone...I can't figure it out either. It worked for me at first but that's been a long while ago

4. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    If you get that "cannot be displayed" message, does it continue to try and find the page using a different address at the top? Hard top explain, but it's like you're opening the page over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, nothing like that. It just stops. I.E and Firebird both. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

have you tried right clicking on the Item you want to see and then clicking on open in new window? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Zeus33rd

Yeah........In I.E. I have links set to open in new windows anyways. I set it back the other way just to see what would happen. Nothing.

With Firebird, you can open in a new "tab", which is in the same window, but in a tabbed format. That doesn't work. You can also just open another window in Firebird...Nothing there either. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif