Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sigle side wall top

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yellowmoon, Jan 5, 2002.

1. yellowmoon

yellowmoon Registered Member

I just got a really great condition top to replace my old one that didn't have a back hatch, and one of the bolts is stripped that goes up through the visor base and pulls the top down. Does anyone know how to repair something like that? Would I helicoil, or get a self threading slightly larger bolt?
    BTW, now I got a black single side wall top laying around, got it posted for sale in the for sale section. I live in central california so if any of you need a top and are in the area get ahold of me.

2. Leinie

Leinie Registered Member

Are the threads stripped? or is the captured nut inside the top spinning- not allowing the bolt to thread?
    If it's stripped threads, you should be able to drill and retap threads and get a slghtly larger diameter bolt.
    If the nut is spinning , let me know and I will try to describe how I fixed that .

72 K5 CST X 2