Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Signature Series breather (NEED HELP)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Mar 29, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I installed a edelbrock Signature Series breather on my Signature Series valve covers. And it seems like the engine is running a little faster at idle.
    What is going on?
    Thanks
    Adam

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you might have a vacume leak. If you started unpluging parts of the PVC system you have to plug the holes on the carb

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I did not leave anything unhooked. I just put a edelbrock pcv valve in and a edelbrock breather in.
    Thanks
    ADam

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

PCV valve...

Did it HAVE a PVC valve before??--if it did,and you had no breather,it would not let any air in the engine,and it would have to pull air past the rings and valve guides,instead of getting fresh air thru the breather...ever pull the PCV valve out of the valve cover and put your thumb over it with the engine running?--it should make the idle speed drop slightly if its working right--running one with no breather will have the same effect,not to mention it will suck oil into the PVC valve and burn it in the engine... :crazy: