Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

silly cops!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 16, 2002.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

my budy had a newer suburban with a solid axel and 44 inch turf tires I'll post a pic tomarow, anyways the law states any lifted truck they deam is too tall needs mudflaps in az.

well turns out the law says nothin about suv's so I printed this out and gave it to some of my friends they have both used it to get out of numerous tickets. Most people don't know if the blazer's are on a truck or suv platform so it works.

do a searh on your state and mudflaps tons of info out there, later, Shawn /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

my junk is below. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

hope this can help anyone being herassed all the time!

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And the title to this thread is pertaining to the post how?????????????? I may of missed it somewhere, didn't see anything about cops in there. Now if you had titled it something like "Stupid Legislators and the Laws They Make" would of probably been more relevant to the issue at hand here. Just an observation.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Just so you know, blazers and jimmys are classified in arizona as "Station wagons". no need for ANY mud flaps. BUT, they can hit you on lift regulations. and i dont remember what they are for a car. the cops out this way in Yuma dont care one way or another.
    Grant

4. supersize75

the title works because the police have really cracked down on this latly in my area and my friend is an officer and it's something they've been asked to look for. Just tryin to spead some info for the people that have delt with this or didn't know about it. not trying to push any buttens for the people who know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And just because the cops have been told to enforce this law on the books makes them silly? Makes about as much sense as a football bat. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: silly supersize75

If you use that argument to save having to run mudflaps then they'll use your own reasoning to make you drop the "SUV" or "Station Wagon" down to below stock height so the bumper heights and headlight heights adhere to whatever the max is for CARS... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rene

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I dont think the prosocuters here would buy that one.

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

What you say about mudflaps and the Az law is correct.... However,... I'm bolting on a set of mudflaps by the end of this month!

The last 2 times I got pulled over for expired registration, both cops told me that I needed mudflaps. After some gentle /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif arguing on my part I got both of them to admit that I "fit" in the loophole - and didn't really need them to be legal. BUT.... what if I'd been slammin' brewskis at the corner pub just before this /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif - would'a nailed me for DUI - just because Johnny Law thought I needed mudflaps!

Marv

9. tRustyK5

Ya shouldn't be drinkin and driving anyways Marv... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

But not having the flaps will get you pulled over...and lord knows if they want to find something they will.

Rene

10. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Rene,

Of course... that was a totally hypothetical situation ...

Marv

11. tRustyK5

Well of course Marv... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

12. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

in fl they dont see to care we got a kid with 40's and another with 42's(on trucks) and neither of them have mud flaps

13. supersize75

marvin was just makin a point he wouldn't drink and drive he's got kids dont ya know /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. tRustyK5

I was just bustin Marv's balls a litle...all in good fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

15. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I just got myself a mud flap ticket. I put some big old gay lookin flaps hangin off my bumper. Cost me about 20 bucks total to satisy the fixit ticket. I guess I could have argued that my tires are actually inside the fender well (a little) and I have no more tire exposed than a stock Dodge does. I sure could have, as life is nothing more than a string of choices and consequenses. The highway patrole guy could have taken a walk around my truck and had a ball making me whish I had shut the hell up. He could have mentiond that I dont have front blinkers cus the custom bumper I made still hasnt had the holes blown into it for the lights. He could have mentioned the "custom" rear disk brakes with no e-brake. The one hummer tire looks a little thin too,,,,

He was satisfied with I wasn't under the influence and cooperative on the roadside so I was on my way.

After years of being an a$$hole on the side of the road I finnaly got tired of hitting my head getting into the car.

Think about the can of worms you could be opening up if you run into a bored cop. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif