Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 76zimmer, Jun 20, 2011.
I am going to try but not sure when yet.
Mines all back together, just waitin on the tranny builder. Guess i could see if we can burn up the rest of the one in it at the dunes...... Prolly be up next weekend. Idk If i will bring my blazer, it will depend on if i have funds to insure and plate it and drive it up.
Hey now most of the rigs in the the MTU 4 wheelers are not that bad. I am planning on having my blazer there for that weekend.
btw whos ur buddie in the wheelers?
i didnt mean anyything bad about there rigs but just from what my buddy tells me i can tell its going to be a good weekend . my buddy is kenny smith, freshman. his bronco wont be up there till next year
I made a note for June 30th to try and make it out.
you guys plan on staying into the 1st week of Jul? I should be up there Monday evening.
I should be up there that week. Looks like I'll have the tranny back in by the end of this month.
I'll be staying west of town out, straight past Mac Woods where the road heads to Lake MI, and tee's off toward the lighthouse and termite bridge.
I'm down the dirt road to the left where the first open area camping lots are. I got my travel trailer sitting up on a small hill, and there is a white mobile home on the lots. These are not my property but that of a good friend.
Look for the Maiden!
So zim you say your camping on private property??? If so.... Wheres the invite dude!!!!
sorry man, I can't overindulge myself with someone else's offer, they have had a few people that didn't know how to conduct themselves and have ruined it for most others that used to be able to use the property, I however am still in good standing with the owner!...However a visit would be welcome I'm sure, let me know and we can set something up when I'm there!
I may be going the weekend of May 18th - 20th. Arriving Thursday night and returning Sunday afternoon. Anyone else going then?
As i said ill try heath. We should be going saturday, gotta get the blazer plated insured and b&m tranny cooler hooked up
Plan now is to head up Tuesday the 3rd....hopefully the Maiden will be worthy to run by then.
Will be staying west of MacWoods...head toward the lighthouse road, but turn left onto dirt, instead of right towards the lighthouse...2nd camp on the left...look for my 99, or the Maiden sitting out somewhere.
Cell is 269-929-7558
man i wish we were going out then. were going out the thursday before you and coming home that sunday
I wondered what weekend most would pick, before or after the 4th?
the weekend before is the drags in Chicago, a yearly ritual for me, but I'll get home Monday, then unpack, then repack the Maiden and head up Tuesday.
well my plans for this trip just went straight down the crapper. to many people can't go which made it harder for the rest of us to afford the car pooling and what not. we'll be out there by the end of summer again tho!
I might day trip out on the 4th and head back in time for the fireworks.
I gotta drop my tank this weekend and figure my fuel issue out, and the seal on my tcase is bad and allowing tranny fluid into my tcase. So gotta fix that too. Hope to make it up at least one day, may not be in the blazer though if i cant get it all figured out and fixed.
Dave what day are you headin home from the dunes? If i get it all fixed i may be able to bring the blazer next friday.... Otherwise ill just come up over the week in the spaceship and hopefully catch a ride with you guys.
I'll be packing it in Sunday am (8th), have to work that afternoon.