Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Silverado Anyone??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CaveBlazin, Dec 17, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What came stock with a Silverado for the mid 80's I want to begin fixing all of my stuff to the proper Package. Was there body inhancements etc??

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Well let's see. On the rear bed sides there are badges denoting the "Silverado" package. On the interior, the badge is above the glove box. Power windows and door locks. Don't know what else was part of the package, but that's a start. Mine also came w/ AC and the radio antenna in the windshield.

John

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, in that timeframe the Silverado package would get you the quad headlight setup, some extra chrome on the grille, fancier interior trim (upgraded door panels, carpet below the door panels, nicer trim on the dash, brushed aluminum bezel for the gauges), and cloth seats. I think there's more, but my brain hasn't received enough coffee yet this morning to know for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Check this place out, might have the info your looking for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

MY plow truck is a silverado and it has no power windows or locks but it does have AC /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I should have added, my silver blazer is a silverado
    PW, PL, TW, Factory tint, plush interior, brushed aluminum, clock, tow package and 3.08s

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    MY plow truck is a silverado and it has no power windows or locks but it does have AC /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    My silverado blazer is the exact same way... it was a forest service truck

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my 83 k10 is a silverado and has every factory option /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif 305, auto, quad lights, power windows, power locks, cruise, ac, tilt, sliding rear window.

dads 85 k5 is a silverado and has nothin /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif 305, sm465, quad lights, manual windows, manual locks, cruise, power rear window

they both have the crome strip around the entire truck

8. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

My 88 k5 stock silverado came with a/c cruise/pw/pb. tilt wheel am/fm cass radio. valour type seats brushed aluminum dash,carpeted lower door panels, 32 gallon tank, 350 tbi. If u need pics, let me know, I can get the badge locations etc.
    Brett

9. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you can get pics that would be cool...

10. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My 88 k5 stock silverado came with a/c cruise/pw/pb. tilt wheel am/fm cass radio. valour type seats brushed aluminum dash,carpeted lower door panels, 32 gallon tank, 350 tbi. If u need pics, let me know, I can get the badge locations etc

[/ QUOTE ]

So did mine, its also the tow package with 3.73 and hitch

11. paveslave

paveslave Registered Member

As far as I can tell from my window sticker the Silverado package consisted of cloth seats, full carpeting, headliner, brushed aluminum look guage bezel, mabey a bit of extra chrome, and the Silverado badges. '88 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Silverado

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, the Silverado package can be thought of as an appearance and comfort package. It didn't have any effect on things like a/c, power windows, power locks, gear ratios, etc. All of those options still had to be selected (or not) individually.

13. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

K5Blazer badge on fenders
    Silverado badge on rear quarter panels
    moulding around wheel wells and across the body
    brushed alum tailgate trim

14. rjfguitar

[​IMG]
    Here's mine with all the factory silverado trim and badges still intact. I am going to shave the emblems off and leave the chrome trim when I paint it black cherry. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    (and if your wondering, yes I have lifted my bumpers, no more goofy 3" gap)

15. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

nice trucks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dont see many silverado around here, pretty uncommon now, especially 4x4 ones

i should be able to read out every little thing that silverado Z84 put into a truck, because i have GM RPO descriptions and codes book copy, but it might be long, alot of bright metal trim stuff and door pull straps and deluxe horn cap and better carpet and more insulatikon and so on and so forth, probably full foam deluxe cloth seat too, etc etc etc all appearance junk and silverado badges and usually a hood ornament too and deluxe wheel covers and grille and full body side moldings set and tailgate bright panel cover and bright metal mirrors, bright dash pad piece and instrument panel bezel, etc etc.

only thing that was ever better was YE9

16. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

Sweet rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Check this out.

[​IMG]

17. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

only thing that was ever better was YE9

[/ QUOTE ]
    ye9...It's on the tip of my brain... A/C? can't put my finger on it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

my bad GM went wierd after 72, in early 70s Z84 was cheyenne, then leater silverado,

got complicated, i learned GM trucks with the CST era, Z84 CSt died in 72 and replace for a bit by cheyenne z84, same option, new name, this happened very often with GM,

also 73-up custom deluxe was Z62 custom comfort and appearance of 67-72 era cept thjhat in 67 comfort and appearance were Z61 and Z62 but for 68 they combined into Z62 and Z61 was dropped, 67 Z61 was custom comfort and 67 Z62 was custom appearance

19. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

cant forget the stainless tail light trim

20. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

My silverado came with fake leather seats in from and cloth in rear.