Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Since somebody brought uo the LMC subject...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wingnutt, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have any experience with thier body replacement parts? I've discovered some rusted sections in some hidden areas and want to nip it in the bud so to speak. They seem to have good prices on the pieces that I need, but I don't want to put some cheap Chineese junk on my K5.

2. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

They are as good as any other reproduction parts. They are actually made in australia though, so by the time you get them, they generally hace some bent corners on them, but that should be expected. Nice parts in my book, ive used quite a few of them with success. What pieces are you looking at?

3. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

For right now, I'm looking at both the inner and outer rocker panels. Followed closely by both front floor panels, then by spring (I hope) the floor back by the tailgate and the tailgate pan. Eventually, I will need to replack the rear skins around the wheel wells because the paint is just bairly starting to bubble from another sopt fo rust.