Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Since they are cheap and easy to make....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Oct 19, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm going to bend my own fuel lines, since its cheap, easy and I have all the tools. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

My question is, what size are the supply and return lines for an 87 blazer? Need a little info before I go in asking for line that fits my fuel filter (I have a fuel filter in hand I'm going test fit with /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif). Does the auto places like autozone have in the computer what size line and fittings that I need?

[​IMG]
    I have this new'er tank I know need two flared fittings on the end of these two lines (hanging down in the bottom of the pic). I will also need one long return line and 2 short fuel line(with the filter in between), and two flexable lines that go from the front frame rail up to the thottle body.

Anyone know of flare sizes, part numbers or have good old lines (esp the flexable ones) in the garage? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

after doing this to mine, you will be better off going to the junkyard and getting them or finding them off of here. The fittings GM used won't match anything any fitting place would have ( I know cause I called all of them in town here when I did mine) i ended up at the junkyard raiding a 91 blazer for the full set up.

the lines are 3/8" for the feed and 5/16" for the return. If ya think GM will have the lines... don't hold your breath. they wanted $50 for the 5/16" rubber line between the frame and tank. the filter is a pg3727 (fram number)
    uses o ring flare fittings. regular flare fittings fit but the tube will slide after you tighen the fittings down(no where for it to seal agianst.

plus the throttle body fitting is reverse threads on the one so you can't get those backwards...damn engineers.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Supply line is 3/8" and the return is 5/16". Not sure about the third one. That may be something that would connect to a charcoal canister or something like that. Probably 5/16" also.

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

My throttle body ones are both regular thread... It's just that one is smaller than the other.... Are you sure about the reverse thread!? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. jjlaughner

So anyone got some for sale?
    the hard or the flexable braided/rubber lines?

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Camaro stuff will work too, but the stuff up near the TBI will be an issue.

Earls makes a "TPI to AN" adapter that will allow you to convert to AN, but it's kinda pricey. Then again, if you don't have the lines in the first place, it's gonna cost to get them too.

Why were the lines on the tank cut in the first place? Not like there aren't fittings there for removal. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. jjlaughner

Yeah well I pretty lucky in the deal for the tank so I'm not worried about that part of it. I thought about flaring them running regular lines and an after market fuel filter, then getting those adapter fittings and putting them on the TBI lines that connect to the new std lines on the frame. BUT! I didn't know what sizes to order and dont want to end up with $30 in two fittings that dont fit! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I know about | |<---- that much about fittings and lines... to many AN, metric, std, flared, o-ring crap it makes my head hurt!