Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Single D-shaft or carrier bearing D-shaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyhs, Feb 18, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

What is better? A single driveshaft or 2 driveshafts with a carrier bearing? It's for my 90 Sub. I have a 78 3/4T long bed that I'm pulling the rear end out of and I was woundering if it's worth anymore strength to run the carrier bearing and driveshafts.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i dont know which is stronger, i would run the one piece just for the ease of service and less parts. also they are different lengths, that subruban is a shorter driveshaft.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I personally don't like carrier bearings. My buddy had a 63 Impala and it would eat carrier bearings alive. It did have 400hp though, and my buddy's brother drove it like an animal. The carrier bearing is just another thing that can fail 100 miles from anywhere too.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.