Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Single/Double wall top questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gjk5, Mar 10, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I was going through the green K5 the other day (found a bunch of tools the PO left!) and noticed that the top was different than my other one. The green one has the bolts coming through the top and there is an aluminum piece that wraps around the edge of the top and the bed rail. This one seems like it would be a lot easier to remove/replace than my other one, and it has two lights on the driver's side (one fr. one rear) that also have a wiring disconnect (my yellow one has one light with elec. tape to put the wires back together).

Is this one a single or double wall?

Are the glass and back hatch interchangeable?

Can you patch or repair the fiberglass and do it right? (crack on rear corner that has been repaired half-ass by PO)

Any info on these tops is appreciated.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup Single wall, just like the one I gave away. The bolts come from the top into the bedrail and the driver's side has two lights w/disconnect.

I think the door/rearwindows are the same but I am guessing so?????

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Can that fiberglass be repaired? I like the ease of remove/replace on the single wall, I doubt I will ever put the double from the yellow on back on since it was such a PITA getting the bolts from underneath. But I would like an easier option for the winter when the soft top kinda sucks.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I would imagine you can repair it with fiberglass repair kit from like a boat store or something. I have never done it...

Good Luck