Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

single glass pack..?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Oct 19, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dont have dual exhaust...yet...but i was just wondering what a single glass pack exhaust would sound like. if it would sound cooler than just a plain jane muffler thats on it now...we have a couple of never used thrush 2.5 inch mufflers sitting in the garage...

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

1 may be to loud...i had that on my dodge.

2 on my chevy sounds great...unless you sneak out a lot /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how loud are we talkin.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm running a single 3" x 32" (34"?) glass pack on my rig. I like the sound fairly well. Nice little low rumble without being too loud. I don't like loud. It does sound different from duals, no "stereo" effect, but, all in all, it's not bad.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go dual exhaust !!!! Glass packs always sounded good on my hot rods, but I think for da Blazer, it'll be 40 series Flowmasters. If you've got one already, put it on and see if you like it.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i thought i would just go ahead and give it a try..and yes i am planning on duals in the future..

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I've got a custom 2.5" cat-back dual system on my truck. I wanted to go with a flowmaster or some other sort of muffler...BUT, when I got to the shop there was a truck there with a glasspack on it...and I said, "Me wants, me wants." So, that's what I got. It is loud when you step on it and at idle, it's got the prettiest sounding rumble. Many people have asked what kind of built engine I run after hearing my exhaust, and I tell them...nearly stock GM special...the 350. I couldn't be happier with my setup. Except now I'm getting rust spots on my 3"x18" chrome tips. (guess those will have to come off /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

just polish the spots right of..

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Except now I'm getting rust spots on my 3"x18" chrome tips. (guess those will have to come off )

[/ QUOTE ] SOS pads will take the rust spots off. Then use some car wax to keep them from rusting again.

10. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Glasspacks are good mufflers, anmd they are because you can get them in many different sizes...12" - 36"?? The shorter the louder....all of them have a nice mellow idle. I thought about some 34"'ers very hard....my 16" ones were a bit on the loud side.....fun to play some redneck stuff like racking the pipes on the glasspacks every now and then..... I finally decided to go flows....50 delta series! Perfect for what I wanted...nice quiet cruzin and interstate interior noise...I had 40series (non delta) and it was supposed to resonate some inside...got twice what i wanted...headaches after road trips aint fun...around town it was down right MEAN!

11. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

how do you rate that? i could get a decibal meter from my little brother if you want. but headers to cherry bombs is the sweetest thing...girls will want you...men will want to be you...your parents will know exactley when you got in that morning...and your girlfriends parents will know when you stopped making out in the truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif im not sure what cats. would do to the tone, but w/o them its a phuking mean sound
    ryan...
    soory about the typing...its the southern comfort /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif