Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

single wall top on 72???

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70k5b, Jan 22, 2004.

1. 70k5b

70k5b Registered Member

i just bought a 72 blazer with a double wall top but the blazer body has is threded as if it had a single wall top,
    is this correct, i also have a 70 blazer and it has no threds like that.
    allso none of the tops holes line up just the rear hatch ones and ubove the windsheild

thanks

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't worry about it....my bedrails had a lot of extra "factory looking" holes that didn't seem to line up with the top either.

The windshield ones should always match....but I gave up trying to figure out the bedrail ones. I just welded them all up, and used a flapdisc to knock everything down flat. Once I lower my single wall top onto it, I'll carefully mark and drill holes that WILL line up. I was thinking about welding in nuts on the underside of the bedrail so that I could remove the top without even taking out the side trimpanels.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

ps. I like singlewall tops a lot more....they have cool dome lights, and seem to hold their shape better.

3. 70k5b

70k5b Registered Member

i have the double wall top but it looks like my blazer is set up for single wall,
    i think i am gonna drill new holes in the bed rail cause the top has threded holes

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

My 72 came with a single wall top. The rails do have threaded holes and some holes have slidable nuts in them. I ditched my hard top and only run soft now. I love being topless