Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sinkholes and a K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shawnboy, Feb 23, 2002.

1. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

On Friday I was out bunny hunting with my Springer, Kramer. We were cruisin' down a county forest trail when Oh Oh, the truck just starts sinking. Was in 4hi so I dropped the hammer and proceeded to sink even further. It stopped just below the door handles. No recovery gear on board was my first mistake. Leaving it sit for a few hours while I went for help was my second. Believe it or not CAA auto club came and winched me out for $150.00. I had to go mud swimming for an anchor point and I didn't get much hunting done either. Fun. Didn't think I'd ever hit a sink hole. What a rush. Actually thought I was gonna lose my truck.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>
    <font color=red>Because I, Am, Canadian!!!</font color=red>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn tht sucks glad you got it out ok though[​IMG]

wheeling pics

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your third mistake was not taking pics...[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I had my handy dandy fershur shot but it was cold and it wouldn't work. So that sucked. I'll buy a disposible and go try it agaain. lol
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>
    <font color=red>Because I, Am, Canadian!!!</font color=red>