Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sinus infections

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, May 9, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

and runny noses and headaches suck. That is all.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Never had one but the wife has. I feel for ya, those are hard to get rid of. :(

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

just got over mine a couple weeks ago. been to the doc yet? I did and they gave me a Ketec pack and some Maxiphen. the Ketec pack was some type of antibiotic and it made me nauseated as hell.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Do you smoke???. When I was in my wreck I smashed my eye socket down into my sinuses and got to be careful around groups of smokers and dusty stuff.

5. cbbr

No smoking. I did a bunck of sanding/grinding/welding last week though and that may have helped cause it. I also have kids in daycare/school and they bring home every illness known to man. I wouldn't be surprised of they came home with plague.

6. cbbr

Tylenol, sudafed and tea so far, but if it gets worse I may have to breakdown and go see the doc.

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Garlic can help with bacterial infections, don't cook it though, that deactivates the active chemical in it. Peppermint is a natural source of menthol, which is a decongestant. Horseradish can help with sinus relief as well. Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and pain reliever (but don't use it if you have a fever).

8. cbbr

Thanks, the tea that I'm drinking is peppermint. Smells a little ghey, but it works wonders.

9. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ever had a cold? Then you've had a sinus infection :D

Something like 75% of colds are cause by a "rhinovirus" which basically infects your nose, and lungs. Becuase the virus infects your nose, more blood is brought to it to deliver white blood cells to clean the infection out, but that also stimulates your nose to mass produce snot (aka, runny nose) and the coughing part comes into play when the virus gets into your lungs, which causes the same mass production of mucus down there, which you cough to get out, at least until you've coughed so much that you make your throat sore, and cough becuase its sore, lol