Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Siphon pump... which one do you like for gas and oil

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camiswelding, Jul 19, 2005.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have had a couple of variants of hand operated siphon pumps in my tool box over the years... Im in the market for a new one...

Im wondering if anyone has one they really like... is durable... transfers gas easily.... the ones in places like the 'zone and kragen are junk... Im hoping a ck5 approved and tested one

thanks
    cam

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I've got a "magic syphon" It is a clear plastic tube with a brass fitting in the end with a marble inside it. It works too. You just put the brass end into a liquid and thrust if forward rapidly several times until you see that it is full enough to syphon. The marble is a stopvalve and keeps the gas from leaving the tube. I got it at a Travel America (T/A) truckstop.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a good one...

The one I have I got at a swap meet brand new for $1!!...its a peice of garden hose that has a cylinder at one end with a rubber hose sticking out of it...you insert the garden hose into the tank you want to siphon from,and you hold your finger over the other end of the hose attached to the cylinder and pull it out rapidly,repeating it if needed(kinda like jerking off! :haha: :haha: )--and the gas comes gushing out into your can!..I think its called an E-Z Siphon or something like that..better than using your lips,and getting a 89 octane mouthwash... :doah: :eek: :angry1: ...

Only problem is I've yet to find ONE vehicle in my yard that you can GET the hose into the gas tanks,with all the "anti-theft" flappers,and bends in the filler hose on the tanks!..and most of them are nearly empty--so I just toss my gas can in the bed of my truck,and drive 1/4 mile to the gas station!--but he siphon saved my butt last winter when our oil tank ran out,and I had to siphon in 15 gallons of diesel fuel and get the furnace going again before all the pipes in the house froze.. :crazy:

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I use a Holley electric Red pump. About the only thing the leakers are good for.