Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sirius or XM

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jekquistk5, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Which one would you get? My radio got jacked in my DD, and I'm looking to get a new head unit, with satalite radio. I can get a kenwood with sirius for about 80 bux should I take it ??

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have XM and I like it. One of my best friends has Sirius and from hearing him talk many of the channels are the same. I'm thinking about swapping though b/c I'm an Auburn graduate and Sirius has the SEC sports. XM has the ACC and PAC 10. Just some considerations.

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok, I'll probably check out the packages, I like all kinds of music, and I LOVE sports so I guess thats important

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm really happy with Sirius. I have the Clarion DXZ945MP head unit. Very nice stereo in my opinion, but I may be bias, LOL.

5. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

I have XM and like it, kinda wish I had Serius just for the NFL games though :(

XM has Baseball and Nascar if that matters to ya.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

NASCAR is moving to Sirius.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have XM in my Burb, and the portable unit i take with me to work, i drive a truck locally and statewide, nice to hear music withougt commercials.

Anyhoo, i have been told, and have noticed, that the XM seems to have a better service area, with less fading of channels, but the Sirius system seems to have a better choice of music.

guess it's a trade off, one for the other,,, :doah:

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've yet too notice any fading, but then again I haven't had the chance too do any road trips sence I got Sirius.

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

i think what they were meaning, is when you go through like mountain roads, and the tall trees, or through the city, the XM doesn't seem to fade out, at least mine doesn't, it does though if i park on the north side of a tall building.

I am also thinking that XM has some ground base transmitters somewhere, somehow, as i cam go through this tunnel we have here in Phoenix, it's alittle longer than 1/4 mile, and the radio doesn't cut out once, but every now and then, i go under an overpass, and it will "hiss" at me, like it lost signal for a quick secong,,,kinda weird.

10. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

No biggie to me, although the incar channel was interesting for a few minutes.

11. mciahpv

mciahpv Registered Member

I've had Sirius for nearly a year, and I think it beats the pants off of XM. A lot of the channels are the same if you read the descriptions, but a friend of mine has XM and any time we're in his truck, we're complaining that XM's playing crap, and when we're in mine we're marveling at what great stuff Sirius is playing.

Just my thoughts...

12. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I sell both of them and hav XM in my install bay. By the end of the day I am wanting to through the thing against the way.

Sirius is the only way to go. It is in 3 of my personal vehicles, my home and a portable that I throw in tractors when working.