Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sirius radio guys

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wraenking, Mar 29, 2005.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, i just go it a few weeks ago for my work van. i love it do far. what i love the most is channel 147, raw dog comedy, that has uncensored comedy 24/7 by all the favorites. now i heard something that it may be canned?

anyine know anything baout it?

say it aint so :mad:

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been looking into both Sirius and XM. I like the the programing on XM better. Our TV is on Fox News alot, and XM has Fox News. I also like the alturnitive and hard core heavy metal music and I've heard a few XM stations I really like.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Which one broadcasts all the MLB games?

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Sirius is the best...XM just plain blows as far as programming. I can scroll through XM all day long and not find anything I want to hear. Sirius isnt that way. Sirius has Fox News and all that crap just like XM does.

XM doesnt have the advantage now because their price went up to the same as Sirius...

Get the Sirius you wont be disappointed

Oh XM has baseball...

5. cfurtick

cfurtick Registered Member

Raw dog being cancelled is a rumor/ april fools day joke. They are telling people that raw dog is going away to make room for 3 new channels on APRIL 1. They want everyone to listen in on April fools day to hear the new stations (that won't be there) This is the info I have recieved on this matter.

Chris

6. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

XM sucks they droped there all metal station and merged it with there alternative station:crazy:, what were they thinking. I have had Sirius for 3-4 years now, never been happier. I never listen to am/fm radio don't even have the antena hooked up on my car.

7. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

thanks, thats what i wanted to hear. now ill just get another car hook up for the k5

8. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Yep, now I can jam to a Pantera song and roll right into that real heavy one the white stripes are crankn out.:screwy:

****'n clear channel :angry1:

9. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have xm

i love it in the NYC area i am getting killed with commercials and i like the comic Chanel to 151 dirty 150 clean and O&A 202 playboy 205 sucks i am dropping it

10. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have XM. I can't really decide whether I like it or not. They really don't have a good classic rock station. We have 3 excellent classic rock stations here locally so I listen to them mostly. I do like the talk radio on XM. The music is OK. I have never listened to Sirius. One thing about XM is that they do have alot of college sports from PAC 10, ACC, etc. However, they don't have the SEC yet. I hope they get it though. Auburn Grad here and I live in MS so I would love to be able to listen to Auburn sports. :waytogo:

11. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

i have sirius its all about octane and Radio Bam on faction

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

13. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

I got XM. Spreading the Virus and I Love it. HoooHoooo

14. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Agreed

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

XM in the patrol car and love it.

I see there are a lot of misconceptions about it though. XM didn't drop the all metal channel, that's unless you consider that one that the majority of the music was the bands who can really wail, but F it all up when the lead singer deep throats the mic........................................

As for no good classic rock, y'all are wrong. Deep Tracks and Top Tracks plays classic rock, and if you pay attention, there are some other channels like the '60's and '70's that play some good stuff. Not to mention hearing Zepplin and Hendrix on Bluesville.

XM also has the NASCAR channel. :D

I spend upwards to 10 hours a shift in my patrol car and I really never have any problems finding something to listen to; but then again I don't have to worry about having a shallow taste in music. I'll bounce from the Classical channels to the rock, to Bluesville, New Age, country, comedy and Cinemagic.

:D