Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sirius S50???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MNorby, Sep 10, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

3. MNorby

yeah... so. I am workin in the corn fields with limited radio reception. I neeeeed something.

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Sirius is the $hiiiit! I got it just for Howard Stern, but the whole damn thisg is sweet. I rarely listen to terrestrial radio anymore. Their Outlaw Country channel is EXACTLY what I've been yearning for, REAL country music.

5. MNorby

I had XM but didn't care for the mix on the channels. I have listened to Sirius and liked it better. I read some cnet reviews on the S50 deal and sounds kinda cheap, I may just get a general Sirius unit. Any suggestions?

6. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I have the Xact Stream Jockey II. I like it, but the remote could be better if they had a number pad to input the channel directly like a tv remote. But I'll never give up my Sirius radio. Mine has an audio output to plug directly into a stereo with an input, but it also has an FM modulator so you can put it in your vehicle and tune your radio to the right freq. and listen. I really like the FM modulator, 'cause when I go hunting, I can leave the unit in the K5, and tune the radio in the cabin to the right freq. and listen to KILLER tunes, or Howard, in the middle of the mountains, instead of the 50 pop country stations which are the only terrestrial signals I can get in the hills.