Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Site with good pics and descriptions of Ouray area trails

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jan 14, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Site with good pics and descriptions of Ouray and link

Thought some of the other Colorado members might find useful. Has great pics and descriptions of Ouray/Telluride/Silverton area trails, along with some good downloadable topo maps.

Here's a great quote from the Black Bear Road description:

The lower portion of the trail is inhabited by one of the greatest threats to the off-road enthusiast. I am of course warning you about the dreaded not-from-around-these-parts-mountain-biking-tourist. Most serious off-road enthusiast know if these pests well. They are feared far and wide. They complain about folks traveling the back country in stinking gas powered vehicles while they are defecating under every bush and tree along a trail. Great for the local water quality! While recognized as a pest all is not lost. I have established a point system to award those of you who rid our trails of these pests. If you want to earn maximum points, be on the look out for the meanest variety of mountain biker. The she-male mountain biker is by far the most feared of the species. This beast can be recognized by it big mouth, unshaven legs, and hairy arm pits.:grin:

Anyway, just though some might find it useful. I definitely see some summer trips there for me.

Oops.

http://narrowgauge.org/4x4/html/4X4.html

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Hee hee.....a she-male anything is to be widely feared.

We love swimming at the hot springs in Ouray when visiting family in the Grand Junction area:thumb:

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Do you have a link to this site? That's funny stuff. While in Ouray last year they had a satyrical local newspaper making fun of environmentalists. Seems to me, they are doing things just right in those parts.:D

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sorry, I thought I put the link in there:blush: . I don't know what good I thought that post would do without it.

http://narrowgauge.org/4x4/html/4X4.html

Holy crap, I just read that post without the link and it sounds pointless. Oops.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Good link:)

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Thanks, I have yet to make Engineer Pass but it's high on my list.