Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sittin Crooked

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Oct 30, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

New 6 inch springs up front Tough country, no shocks yet, but sittin crooked. Driver side about 1/2 lower. Could think of why. Measured axle to ground on both sides, and they are equal. Then measured spring plate to frame and there is the difference by about 3/8 - 1/2. Couldn't think of why, given new springs. Then I realized I have my dual batteries over that fenderwell and wondering if that could do it. I wouldn't think so, but otherwise, no idea. No shims and it is a D60. Only thing I can think of to check and fix is switch front springs from side to side. Any ideas or suggestions. Of course it is driving me crazy.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Mine is doing the same. Probably from the weight being on the driver side all the time, THE DRIVER. Noticed it after about a year after I installed the lift. Plan on switching the front springs so they get even wear. Mine is between 1/4 - 1/2 inches. Oh yeah same with the rear too. Leaning on the left by 1/4 inch. You figure if you always have 260 lbs. on one side all the time which springs will settle more.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jangelicchio>http://community.webshots.com/user/jangelicchio</a>

Lisle, Ontario, CANADA</font color=green>

3. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

Mine did that except to pass. side. Turned out that i had a cracked rear leaf in the rear of the pass side.

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"