Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sitting level ????

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 71blaz, May 10, 2003.

1. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

My 71 does not sit level the drivers side is ~1" higher than the pass. side. I put a new lift on from ord springs front and rear, during the installation I took measurements to verify what the lift was going to do and it rasied everything the same amount. so the 1" lean was there before the lift.I thought it was the spings,but I quess not. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have looked at all the body mounts and they are all the same ( 1" body lift) So any ideas what could be causing this problem ?????

2. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

is it higher front and back, or just one of those?

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

thats so it will sit level when you get in it. cause there is always load on the driver side and not as often load on the pass side.
    thats it yes...... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

yes, it is higher front and back.

5. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

Is it all too one side (front and rear) or does it look like only the front, and the rears ok. I ask because my truck too leaned to the side (drivers), at first I thought it was only the drivers front and then when I took it to the frame shop it was pointed out to me that it had also been a little low in the rear on the pass side (couldnt really tell till the guy showed me). This ended up being a twist in the frame, tuns out I also had a little side sway(which is some what of a bow from side to side. Anyway, best thing is to take it in and get it looked at. Dont be surprised when you get the estimate most places that I found charge 65 to 75 bucks an hour. It cost a chunk of change but hey my ride sits pretty darn level now, I can finnaly drive it without thinking everyone is looking at me because I'm leaning /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Whats the big deal?? As long as it doesnt sit A1 HAHA /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

you can add another battery tray on the drivers side. The added weight over then next 10 years may level it out a bit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif After thinking it over you might not be as tweeked as you think. Your tires I am sure are not identical, body mount differences, and alot of accesories might not be spreading the weight equal accross the frame causing it to lean more to one side. Do you have any weird handling problems or tire wear? I would expect most trucks this age to have there frames outta wack by now. Most are not even close to exact when they leave the factory due to mass production flaws. I know when I just had the body off my truck and was shortening the frame, the x measurments about scared me! I ended up drilling most of the crossmember rivets out because they were lose and replaced them with bolts, and this brought it back closer to specs. I need to shut up now...

8. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

I like the idea of the extra battery, So you can send me that factory drivers side battery tray you aren't using /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I also found when replacing the spings that the pass. side rear sping had 3 of the 4 leafs broken in half /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif think this could have something to do with my problem