Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sitting on tires again

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Aug 31, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Finally got my rig back on tires again. Now have the 14ff and dana 60 with new lift, shackle flip, and all new greaseable bushings, and ORD HD front shackles. Went together real well, and I finally have some room in garage again. She looks pathetic with the 31's on her right now, but she is sittin real good. Should have pics up tommorrow. Yea Sapper, I got the 60 under her by about 2100. Looks good.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Awesome!

87 k5, 6in, 35" BFG muds.
    Future Mods: KNfilter, Flowmaster Force2 Catback, change the 5.5 blocks and .5 addaleafs to 6in springs.

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Sweet, any tips on putting in the D60? Hopefuly going to be doing that next weekend. Swamped out the 10 bolt for a 14 about a month ago, now it is time for the front. Thanks!

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sorry i couldnt help but you know i was put on lock down. mayby sunday :)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5>http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5</a>

5. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Dawson,
    I put in new 6 inch springs when I did it. It was pretty easy. Had the truck on stands, so the axle just rolled under her, within u-bolt range. OH, a big learning lesson, now on my 5 axle swap, put some little tires on the axle to wheel her around, I can't tell you how much easier than tryin to move a 600 pound axle on floor jacks, or other. Tires made it easy. Lots of luck and let me know if you need anything. Sapper and I are out here in Jacksonville.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General