Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

size and backspace on factory ralleys? What about widening rallies

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jjlaughner, Jan 21, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Wondering what the size and factory back spacing on ralleys are?
    I have heard of people getting the factory rallies widened, anyone had this done? I like the looks of my rallies buts if I go with a 36x12.5 I can't use the factory size rims right?

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Stock rally's are 15x8" in their largest form. Lots of guys run 12.5" wide rubber on them. Stockton makes replicas in whatever size you want.

3. jjlaughner

Cool, got to the site and done the PDF catalog, no prices though? Do I have to send mine in, or do they have pre-moded rims I can just buy? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    I'll call this this week I guess

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

They can make those Rally's from scratch. I think they will do custom widening, but I don't see the point unless you had some really unique wheels.

5. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

There is a place in fortville In. that widens wheels. It might be cheeper to get it done locally, i will have to get the name of the place but it might be worth checking into before decideing on who does the work.

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Stockton Wheel can, or else they make them...I think K5Jimmy got his there but had problems with them

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have 10" Rally's from Stockton....Bart wheels with stock centers....the first set was $520 painted and delivered to my door...I was told 4-6 weeks...took about 4 Months as I recall...4" backspacing unless you want them reversed (no trim ring groove)...I scraped the inside of one wheel on my tie rod, so I wanted to replace that wheel (figured what the hey, I'll get 2)...this is about a year and ahalf later, so I called back...price is now $720 a set RAW...figured what the ?...so I got 2...waited 4 months...they show up just like they cam off the welder...grime and all....Plus they are reversed...Harley didn't tell me that 4" was max unless you reverse them I specified 3 5/8 as in stock)...so I sent them back, waited about 6 weeks and got them back grimey and unfinished just like they promised...bottom line I got $880 in 6 pretty cool and Unique wheels...Stupidest money I have ever spent...But the Look is pretty neato next to a stock set....and I don't have 589's like everyone else....I really prefer the sleeper look...nobody would notice unless they are a motorhead...there may be a cheaper place to get them, but I couldn't find one....checked Jersey and Indiana...good luck....JD

8. jjlaughner

DAMN! almost 900$'s in wheels! I guess I'm going to stay with the factory rims. I really like the factory look over ALL other rims that I have seen. I like the chrome trim ring also, so that a must. If you ever get new rims and you want me to take those off your hands let me know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif