Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Size of gas tank or cell

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by WRENCH-HEAD, Sep 5, 2006.

1. WRENCH-HEAD

WRENCH-HEAD 1/2 ton status

I might be in the market for a new fuel cell and I wanted to ask you guys what you run and how you like it. Figured most with k5's will have around the 20-24 gallon tank or the 30ish gallon tank. I was looking at a 24 gallon cell and I also have a 5 gallon can, figured 29 is ok, what ya think? Don't wan't to go much bigger than that for space and weight considerations. TIA

-Alex

2. ivie29

ivie29 1/2 ton status

The kegs on my truck hold 15 gallons a piece.With a 427ci on 950 cfm I can usually run most of the day on a trail without switching to the other tank.

3. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

I made sure to swap the 30 gallon tank out of my old k5 before selling it off for parts, that extra six gallons comes in handy with a carb'd 350. I don't think you need a whole lot more than that, besides who can afford to fill a tank any bigger than that at $3/gallon:(

4. WRENCH-HEAD

WRENCH-HEAD 1/2 ton status

That was what I was thinking just looking for peoples opinions. Interceptor, MRK5, Cricket no comments?

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I just use the factory tank, 25-gal. I used to carry a jerry can, but I never used it and it was a pain to cart around. I've never worried about running out of fuel on the trail.

When we set up that K30 for B_to_C, we're just going to mount his TBI tank up in the bed area. Not that he's keeping the factory bed.

Cricket is looking for a factory TBI tank to mount in his bed.

Hey I been meaning to tell you. I was shootin' the chit with my mechanic and he was telling me that one time they had issues with a Holly Projection unit they'd installed on a Chevy truck. They found a factory installed restrictor in the fuel return line. Don't know if that will be of any help to you, but I thought I would throw that out there.