Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Size of nut on 203 output

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Jul 10, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

What is it? about 1-3/8" I'd assume but I'm not sure. And do I have to modify the socket to get it to fit in that space? thanks, gotta change yokes out tommorrow night. Anything else I should know about this proceedure? I should change the rear seal I guess, and what else?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

The size is 1 5/16", and no you do not need to modify the socket, it will fit right in.

ken

3. BeyondReason

BeyondReason Registered Member

I just finished upgrading to a cv style rear yoke. The nut is a 1 5/16" and you MIGHT have to turn the socket down. There are two kinds. A heavy wall socket and a thinwall socket. The thinwall will work. But Snap On wanted $85.00 for the thing. I turned down a heavywall on a machine lathe for nothin. The heavywall DOES have to be turned down to work.

BeyondReason

4. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

beyond reason is correct. it is a 1 5/16 and you do need a thin walled socket. i too dont recommend getting a snap-on though they make good stuff but 85.00 isnt worth the 1 time every few years that you will need to use that socket. i went to 3 tool stores just to find the thin walled but i found one for 20.00.

5. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I couldn't find a thin walled socket at the time I needed one. My solution was to put the nut in a vise and file it down to the next smaller size. It's worked great for a few years this way.

6. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Proto Tool makes a 1 5/16", 1/2" drive socket that fits right into the yoke. It cost me $30-$40, I don't remember.
    CB

1973 K5, 400TPI,TH350, 203/205, Dana60/Detroit/5.38 front and rear, 4" lift, 38" TSL's on steel wheels