Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ski report

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Mar 5, 2007.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Took my sister (34), my nephew (7) and my daughter (3) skiing today:

Kids did great! 2nd lesson for Cate and she was cleared for skiing without instructor, Tyler did well too, 1st lesson ever and probably 1st time ever seeing over an inch or two of snow and he is ready to do greens solo, even went up and got off the lift by himself.

My sister on the other hand was a wreck: asked me to help her put her boots on, and then stuck her finger in the buckle as I was clasping it, lost a huge chunk of finger, after that ordeal she recovered and was skiing pretty good on the greens, says she can handle a blue no problem. We go to the top of the MT. and right after the run begins, starts falling, I realize that while she can ski and steer OK, she lacks the ability to stop.:doah:

She falls and wrenches her knee halfway through the run and after bitching at her for 20 min she finally agrees to have the patrol come for her (she wanted to walk all the way down:rolleyes: )

Rest of the day spent drinking at the bar, good news is I got a great pic of her mid-rescue, on the stretcher coming down the MT.:D At least with that pic to torture her with her husband may forgive me for breaking her!

Pics to follow as soon as I get my wife's new camera figured out.(fuggin Kodak!)

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

She shouldn't feel bad.

Last time Gerri and I went skiing she groomed the entire mountain with her butt. :D

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

That's what I did when I first learned snowboarding back in '90.