Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skid Plates for 83 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Oct 29, 2000.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Does anyone make aftermarket Skidplates for full size blazers? Mine is an 83 with a straight crossmember. Don't think I can mate a skid plate off a late model Blazer/Jimmy. I found a skid plate off a 1990 Jimmy and the trans mount and the curves in it are diffrent than my stock one.
    Any input is greatly appreciated..
    Sure could have used a skid plate today !!! lol

It's better to have it than to need it, than to need it and not have it !!!!

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

No one know's if there are any skid plate's made for Blazers? Wow.. unbelievable..

It's better to have it than to need it, than to need it and not have it !!!!

3. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Any of the skidplates that I've ever seen for a blazer were custom made. The one I want for mine is a flat piece of 1/4" plate steel that bolt directly onto the bottom of the frame and also supports the trans/x-fer case crossmember. It will increase the breakover angle under my truck and give about 4" more clearance too. It will have to be custom and there will be other things to consider like floor clearance and motor-mount relocation, as well as driveashaft angles, but it will be really nice to have the extra clearance under there.

My two cents,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!