Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skidsteer video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by steve_kibbe, Oct 3, 2005.

1. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

clicky

2. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: Something similar to that has happened to me before.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Instructions, who needs instructions. It's easy to run. Hold my beer and watch this....

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did the same thing the first time I drove one. I was working as a carpenter and the super asked me if I could drive it and if I could to straighten up the area (building the Holiday Inn in Hickory). Took a few minutes to get the hang of it, otherwise had a great day. Also started driving those big forklifts and ran a backhoe some. Bull$hit can get ya far.............sometimes!!! Oh......luckily, it was on the backside of the job-site where I dumped the dirt on my head, nobody else saw it.................whew! :wink1:

5. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

i always say to myself over and over when im driving one
    heels up
    toes down

and i still get it backwards sometimes

6. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My side's hurting now! I almost did actually fall out of my chair at this!

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Wow, never done that... of course I've only operated one and it was enclosed with tracks. Dad said I made it look "hard", cause the owner makes it look smooth and easy. So Dad kicked me out of it and tried to run it, he damn near put it on its tail about 4 times in 2 minutes, he then got out and told me to get back to work operating it :D

8. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haha, I've been running skidsteer for a few years now, I'm usually pretty graceful in it (wasn't at the start though, lol). However, I was working at the farm in it earlier this summer doing some landscaping, which involved capping and then burying an old water well that was in a 6 x 6 x 10 foot pit. I'd gotten the well filled right up, and I was busy packing it down by pushing down on the pile with my bucket, and lurching side to side. I got it down far enough that I needed another bucket of fill, so I went and got some from the pile. Got back, and my aunt told me to just run my wheel across it to back it down while I had all the weight of the fill in my bucket. Seemed like a decent enough idea to me. So, I lifted my bucket up just enough to be able to clearly see my front left wheel, and carefully started rolling in, the second my wheel went over the edge, the thing sunk like 2 feet straight down, lol, I quickly backed up before I tipped over, and lurched to a hard stop as soon as I got onto the ground, sending about half of the fill straight into my lap through the open door, lol

Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased with that result, lol

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

been there done that...except with granular fertilizer... :doah: thats why I perfer the Wilmar Wrangler we have