Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**SKIGIRL STRANDED***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBadCad, Jan 27, 2002.

1. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Skigirl called me and asked me to pass a message along..

Her high output alternator crapped out near Barstow, CA. and she needs to find a stock alt. bracket since the brackets for the high amp setup will not fit a "stock replacement" alt.

She said she would check out any local junkyards in the morning but the town was pretty small. If there is anyone around close enough to lend a hand I'm sure she'd appreciate it.
    Skigirl cell send for PM

1980 chevy 4x4 1-ton crewcab, 500 caddy, York OBA...work in progress.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by BigBadCad on 01/27/02 10:51 PM.</FONT></P>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dude you should not just post her cell # have people pm you for it if they can really help her and are close to her

wheeling pics

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

if she passes thru san diego i probably got one laying around......
    mike

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

She just called me and said it was ok to post it because she needs help!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

5. mudhog

i would still only give it out in pm most people on here would not do anything but there are the few like fartman blazerbabe and such that would[​IMG] if you talk to her again tell her good luck[​IMG]

wheeling pics

6. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Skigirl called and asked me to post her cell phone number in case someone could help. She really didn't clarify how she wanted to make her number available. I see your point though and have changed the post...hopefully no damage was done by my good intentions.

1980 chevy 4x4 1-ton crewcab, 500 caddy, York OBA...work in progress.

7. ChevyCaGal

Ok Pam just called me.... she's stranded in Barstow as stated above. She has the Wrangler 150 amp alternator set up with the internal regulator... it keeps frying the battery out. All the voltage across checks out correctly. There's no grounding.

She finally decided to just get a factory alternator and put it in there and run with that... except, small PROBLEM! When she put the Wrangler set up in she had to alter the bracket and cut a spacer off the bracket. Now a stock alternator won't fit. So here's the question.... anyone have a alternator bracket to fit a 76? She's going to check boneyards tomorrow, but Barstow isn't exactly the parts capital of the US. She might luck out, or might have to be there 2 days... so anyone nearby got one she can use??

She will have her phone on all night... post if you live nearby and can help her. I will PM it to some other members who can pass it onto you if I am asleep or at work... Good luck Pam!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ChevyCaGal on 01/28/02 12:43 AM.</FONT></P>

8. mudhog

no i was not saying you did anything wrong i am glad she had you to call and i hope one of us steps up and helps her out[​IMG] if i was close i know i would but im up in portland lol i would just hate to see her start getting harassed by someone[​IMG] like i said to steph most here are great people and would not do such a thing but there are the few that would[​IMG] hope she gets what she needs and gets back safely on her way[​IMG]

wheeling pics

9. ChevyCaGal

Ok, how about I PM her number to a few of you guys... then if you see a reply for someone who can help her you can send it on to those people? That should work ok, that way she will be able to get the help she needs but not have to risk anyone who wants to play games acting like a moron....

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ChevyCaGal on 01/28/02 12:41 AM.</FONT></P>

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I hope she gets some help soon ........... I think you were right in questioning giving out her # like that ......... I understand that she gave permission, but Shannon was still thinking of her best interests too ........ Thanks to both of you !!! I'm sure she'll appreciate the concern.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

11. mudhog

i am on all the time i would be happy to give it out in pm if you want me to just pm me the number and ill give it to who ever can help her i know someone has to be close to her that can help

wheeling &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/mudhogck5/&gt;videos&lt;/a&gt; and &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333&gt;pics&lt;/a&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by mudhog on 01/28/02 12:45 AM.</FONT></P>

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

OK...if anyone can help I have Skigirls number. pm me or Email me at drjv@shaw.ca if I'm not on CK5 I have my email running in the background all day.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

13. mudhog

same here send me or rene a pm or email and we will pass the info along

wheeling pics

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

can anyone contact Mike(Blazin91) Isn't he in Hesperia?? which is 40miles+ away from barstow????
    Just an idea, I'm just looking at the map and seeing who is near by. Hope this all works out.
    I have one but I'm 20+ hours away.

<hr></blockquote>
    If you can read this you aren't working on your truck, ..oh wait then how did I post this.[​IMG]

15. ChevyCaGal

Good idea... I'll email him and call him in the morning to see what he can do!

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

What a great web site! All these folks willing to help out a stranded member.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

17. ChevyCaGal

Well crud I can't reach Mike... I guess his cell phone is out of range or something? So TTT.... anyone able to help her out in that area....? I'm gonna call her and see how she's doing in the search.... I'll let ya know!!

18. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I just spoke to Pam. She is fine and will be calling me in a hour or so to up date me. She may have found the part she needs.

<font color=blue> WHO SAYS YOU NEED BIG TIRES?? </font color=blue>

19. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I'll try to get a hold of Mike - but his tranny on his Blazer went out Saturday coming back from Arizona! If anyone in that area would have the part it would be Mike!

20. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Looks like I took too long to send my post! I knew Mike would try to help! [​IMG] Hope she gets it fixed quickly - she has some skiing to do in Utah, and with all this new snow it will be awesome!