Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skipping Eclipse

Discussion in 'Audio' started by xchevyxtc, Jun 9, 2001.

1. xchevyxtc

xchevyxtc Registered Member

I have a Eclipse 5443 head unit that does not like to play burned cd's very well...it skips more than i would like...Does anyone else have this problem??...I use TDK's 80 minute CDR's...any insight on this would be great...other than that i love my eclipse..

thanks

xchevyxtc

2. KingSmoth

KingSmoth Registered Member

Eclipse HU's had major skipping problems that were fixed in this years new models. My friends 5441i does the same thing....just gotta live with it really.....

Premier, Pioneer, Phoenix Gold, Stinger, HiFonics, Image Dynamics, Ground Zero

3. xchevyxtc

xchevyxtc Registered Member

I also had the 5441 and got it replaced by the 5443 for that skipping problem ....maybe its the cd's or the eclise or just my blazer's 8 inch lift and 35's...plus the way i drive...oh well..thanks for the input...

xchevyxtc

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

ya that could do it....

Prembird

If it aint loud, Then turn it up !!!

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I've got a 5303R that skips in my "other" car when it's cold. As it warms up it seems to work better. It's got a 3 year warranty, so I really need to pull it out and send it in for service while it's still "free"

Next time I think I'm going with the Sony C-90.....I don't really like Sony as a rule, but this one seems pretty phenomenal!

-Greg72

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Very common problem with the Eclipse units. It was one of the major factors in us deciding to drop th e line from our store. That and the fact that they have the crappiest , I mean SHITTIEST customer service I have ever hda to deal with.

[image]http://www.darkknight.ca/images/dklogo.gif[/image]
    http://autotronixcaraudio.com

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have two Pioneers, never a lick of trouble. One's a crappy 40x4 17 w RMS, the other is in my truck, the old style with remote, I think it's a 4300, 45x4, 22 w RMS.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

8. phildbaker

phildbaker Registered Member

Its not the HU, its the CD. Try using Imation or Maxell. I've never had problems with my 5504 and burned CDs.

9. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Also you might not want to record the full eighty minutes. A lot of times the songs on the end get a little weird. Try just recording about 3/4 of the disc.

Chris M

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/chrism72beast/beastpage.html>http://www.geocities.com/chrism72beast/beastpage.html</A>

10. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

You can say it's not the head unit, however I have returned 23 of Eclipse units in the last year for that issue. Considering the actuall quanity that we sell, that is over a 75% FAILURE RATE. You tell me. The fact of the matter is they HAVE had a big problem with them I am glad you have had good luck with yours.

http://autotronixcaraudio.com

11. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Hey! I just bought a Sony CDX-M670 and this thing skips sometimes , and then goes error and spits out the CD!!! only when i hit bumps . But it rides alot smother than it did 4 years ago when I had a different sony unit WITHOUT ESP!!! Heard a rumor that sony is having trouble w/these things . Do you have any insight?Thanks CC

1991 Fullsize 5 1/2"lift, 37"ssr's,10Bolt8 lug , 14Bolt ff, 4:56 Detroit rear, 12"fr. 14"r Bilstein remote res.350 P.F.I , 700r4 , 241c W/ sye