Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skulz & Okiemuddog

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kyle89K5, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Did you guys make it back okay?

Meant to check in earlier, but got tied up weeding a garden /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice to see you again John and Krennen, good to meet you and your wife. Hope some of the parts work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Talk to you guys later...

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yep, we made it no prob, seeing how we went to Tulsa for an engine, and come back with a pick up bed full of parts!!!! Kyle and Daniel (DP90K5) are two of the most stand up guys I've met. Hell, Okiemuddog paid VERY little $$$ for a running 350 minus intake and carb, and everything else was donated by Kyle for nada. Here's a short list of what I can remember.

10 bolt front complete minus axle shafts
    10 bolt rear housing
    Brand new rear bench seat
    Light Bar
    10 bolt backing plates
    SBC flywheel
    203 shift box (?)
    fender flares

All this loaded into the back of a 4 cylinder Nissan pick up. Thank God the trip from Tulsa back to OKC is downhill!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

LMAO, I figured it would be dragging a little on the way back... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Glad you made it and everything was okay.

I didn't hear back on the cell, so I figured problems were nill...

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Kyle,
    Yep made it back alright. I meant to contact you earlier, but I have been trying to get everything done on yhe engine so I can get it in. The parts worked great, I have already installed the seat and the light bar looks great on top of the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. It will look better whe I get lights but since the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is in pieces lights would just be icing on the cake right now. My engine should be in next week with any luck and wife is getting a big bonus on the 14th so I can buy my tires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I hope to maybe make Disney on Mem. Day, I might just be watching, but hpe to make it. How much I do all depends on how many gremlins the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif develops once it is road worthy. I enjoyed meeting you and Daniel, I hope to get some wheelin done with you guys soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Krennen

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Man, I thought John was going to get the lightbar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glad at least some of that stuff worked for you. Get that thing running. I'm still not sure if I can make memorial day or not, but I'm going to try. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. SkulzNBonz

Lightbar+rollover= yuk /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    On a side note, I did get a driveline from Krennan, since the po gave him one for a 208 along w/ his 203 tc /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'm gonna work my tail off to make at least one day at Dis over the holiday.

John

7. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

[chant]Disney[/chant]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]
    [chant]Disney[/chant]

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Okiemuddog

OMG!!!! You don't check the board all day and everyone has a converstion without you, are you trying to tell me something? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Well I have almost got the engine all together short of the damn waterpump bolt I twisted off in the block /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, time for the EZout. You guys want to see a broke Okie engine stand.................... pic .... There ya go /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Disney might happen for me, but not sure yet.

Kyle,
    Was John supposed to get the light bar? If so I will pass it over to John. I wasn't sure of what was for who, I just started unloading things when we got back.

John,
    Do you want the light bar? I didn't mean to be greedy. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. SkulzNBonz

[ QUOTE ]
    Lightbar+rollover= yuk

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks, Krennen, but the lightbar is all yours. Glad to hear that everything is going somewhat smoothly. Come on, you have almost a full month, like DP said...
    Disney, Disney, Disney, Disney /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Kyle,
    Was John supposed to get the light bar? If so I will pass it over to John. I wasn't sure of what was for who, I just started unloading things when we got back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not my lightbar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just thought I heard him say that it would look good on his Blazer. He's not running it for the same reason I decided not to run it...

12. Okiemuddog

[ QUOTE ]
    Come on, you have almost a full month, like DP said...
    Disney, Disney, Disney, Disney

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, lets start the list still left to do before /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif can hit the street.

1.tires $500
    2.insurance ?
    3.title transfer $120
    4.tranny wiring for convertor $75
    5.brackets for tv cable $25
    6.rear driveshaft $50
    7.Headers $100
    8.Having exhaust flanges fixed $75
    9.speedo cable $?
    10.battery $50
    11.at least one electrical fire /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif $pricless

Like I said it all depends, I really want to go, but gotta have the $$$$ to get /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif together. All depends on how my finances look.

13. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Tell your wife to get back to work. No rest for the weary /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. SkulzNBonz

Yeah, that stuff just ain't gonna pay for itself /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John