Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SKY Tall Steering arm

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I just got my D44 tall steering arm in from Sky today. This thing is HUGE. :D This thing is majorly beefy. I couldn't believe how big this thing was when I took it out of the box. It is a very nice piece of machined metal also. SKY makes some good stuff. I am impressed once again by them. Customer service was excellent and my order shipped the next day. :thumb:

Thanks SKY

Harley

P.S. If you are installing this arm and want to use bolts the length you need is 2.75".

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sweet I need one of those so I can get rid of my spacer. Yep Sky rocks :D Hey what kinda studs were you looking for?

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was looking for ARP studs but I talked to Sky about my setup and he said I should probably just continue to use the F911 (Grade 9) bolts that I am using now. So I got some new shorter F911 bolts and installed the new arm earlier tonight.

I had to get this new tall version steering arm. The spacer is a very bad idea. I learned the hard way. I snapped 2 steering studs the 2nd run out on it and I stretched and bent Grade 9 bolts after about 10 months of hard use.

Harley

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ahh ok I was just wonderin I have 3 3" studs that I got with my arm a while back.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I agree. When I got my 60 arms I was like "DAMN, these dont look that big in pictures!" Their customer service WONDERFUL!!