Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skyjacker braided brake line question???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Mar 12, 2007.

1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i got my 44 in my truck...the truck was a 3/4 ton with a 10 bolt then i went to a 3/4 to 44...but it seems the braker caliper bolts that go through the banjo joint are bigger than the ones for the 10 bolt...i really dont wanna switch calipers,so what shold i do???order new lines or can i replace the banjo joint???Also i stripped the bolt out trying to get it through the banjo joint were can i get a new bolt???

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

if you have the old axle its an easy fix. switch the calipers and use the bolts from the old axle. if its gone then I don't know what to tell you. I would drill out the ends, but mines trail only.

3. twoslo4five0

i drilled one a lil bigger before i knew it wasnt a good idea so i dont know if i can reuse thoose banjo joint now...it was onlt a little bigger like 1/16 or mabye even smaller...i guess i could always try it but kinda a pita...

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

well now you are kind of s.o.l. if street truck i would def get new lines. dont need that hanging over your head when driving with all those people around you. and i wwould never want to loose a frt line on the street.

second i dont want to be a p.i.t.a but search function would have found this kind of easy before you modifyed the line and screwed the bolt.

thay are the same bolt on calipers but just the lines and bolt threads are diffrent. if it was me swap them out 2 simple bolts per side.

but if you now need new lines ditch those cheesy lines and ask (shane74 ) he is a vendor and makes some super beefy lookin lines for about the same price.

5. twoslo4five0

yeah prolly shold have serched but i was no were around a comp so that kinda killed that idea...the bolts on the 44 calipers are bigger though i assure you the 44 headss to the bolts are 1/2 inch and the 10 bolts are 7/16 you can put them up next to each other and tell the diffrence...

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

metric and american diffrence.

actual the american spec diffrence is 73-78 = .435
    79-up = .397

so it looks close but off just a bit to make us have lots of fun.

7. twoslo4five0

i know its unsafe and not to do it (and im not ) but why couldnt you just drill them out...there is no way to change the banjo joint either??