Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skyjacker extended rear brake line????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJB774X, Mar 23, 2003.

1. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

yesterday I bought a 6-8" stainless braided rear brake line (skyjaker brand), the end that goes to the hard line on the frame came with an adapter, on the threads that is part of the brake line it is male threads with an inverted "cone" machined on the inside for sealing, on the adapter "female threads" there is no part machined that goesinto the inverted part on the line end, but there is on the side that goes to the hard line on the frame, what do I do? teflon tape? they don't make that union because the line end is pipe thread, anyone have experience with skyjacker extended brake lines?

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Okay- I have read and reread this 500 times and I am so damn confused by what your asking it isnt funny.

Im lost at the "adapter" part....when I just redid my lines- there was no adapter...the line from the caliper- went to the "hard line"...but there wasnt any adapter....

I'm sorry I cant be of more help- but this post has really got me shakin my head...

**note to self- be very glad you went with procomp lines **

Brandy

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

possible you got the wrong lines?

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Can you send a pic?

5. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

sounds complicated I know, I don't know a better way to explain, and a pic would explain it all but I don't have a cam and I don't know how to post pics anyway. I was hoping someone else had the same problem with the skyjacker line, I'll just call them tomorrow , thanks Mike

6. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think I know what you're saying, but I have no experience with it myself, so I made your original post easier to read-

"Yesterday I bought a 6-8" stainless braided rear brake line (skyjaker brand).

The end that goes to the hard line on the frame came with an adapter.

On the threads that are part of the brake line there are male threads with an inverted "cone" machined on the inside for sealing. On the adapter's "female threads" there is no part machined that goes into the inverted part on the <font color="red"> (rubber?) </font> line end. But there is on the side that goes to the hard line on the frame.

What do I do? teflon tape? They don't make that union because the line end is pipe thread, anyone have experience with skyjacker extended brake lines? "