Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skyjacker front springs

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 71 Blazer, Feb 22, 2006.

1. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

I found a place selling a set of used skyjacker front springs for $100. They came off a suburban will they fit? Also does anyone know the spring rate. I've looked all over and only found spring rates for 73-87. 69-72 springs are shorter and have higher spring rates.Skyjacker won't release the spring rate they say it is patented.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

What year Sub?
    Ya first gen front spring are shorter so......:confused:

3. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

Found out that the front springs are all the same in the 69-72 year range. Pick-ups, k5s, Burbs, even 1/2 and 3/4 ton. I decided to get the springs. I will pick them up tomorrow. I will tell you guys how well they flex when I am done. I don't think they will do as well as the TC HD that I wanted, but at 1/3 the price I couldn't pass it up. Anything is better than stock! On another note I had some company in VA quote me @ $1400 for a TC suspension that did not include any labor or rear springs! They said it was the most expensive lift on the market! I asked the guy if he was serious 3 times before I hung up. Stupid.

4. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

1400 for a leaf spring lift? What in the world was that guy smokin!!!